Protein recommendations?

Community
Notices

Protein recommendations?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by theLiftingYeti
lentils and beans
are missing some amino acids - on their own, they're 'incomplete' proteins. To complete the protein, eat brown rice or bread within a few hours of eating the lentils.

Protein - Complete and Incomplete

Complementary Protein

How to Make a Complete Protein Without Eating Any Meat | eHow.com
Old 04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Having a hard time getting enough protein

Maybe it's not chicken you're tired of.....just tired of using the same recipes all the time? You can use most any recipe & sub chicken for the meat required.PL

Originally Posted by Eliochacon
Thank you all very much for your suggestions. I will try some of them.
Old 04-12-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Turkey breast is great... You can get some cuts of lean beef... Or even a protein supplement.

I get most of my protein from the above, chicken, and tuna. I'm not a big fan of seafood, but I LOVE tuna, and there's a ton of protein in it.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by patcee
Maybe it's not chicken you're tired of.....just tired of using the same recipes all the time? You can use most any recipe & sub chicken for the meat required.PL
I agree. I eat chicken alot. I buy the frozen bags of boneless skinless breast at kroger. I use it for stir frys, chicken tacos with corn tortillas, put it in chili, etc. I also substitute ground turkey (the extra lean kind) for ground beef for most ground beef dishes. I have to have the occasional sirloin burger because I have been unsuccessful in making turkey burgers. For adding in protein I put whey protein in my coffee in the morning. I started this a couple months ago because I saw a suggestion somewhere on this site to put it in coffee.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:38 PM
FitDay Member

I was the same way. I looked up homemade protein bars on youtube. They are pretty good if you can get past the vitamin taste of the protein powder. Actually, it doesn't bother me. These have 8 scoops protein powder, 1 packet of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, 1/2 cup of peanut butter, and some oatmeal.

If you are interested, go to youtube and type in "craig and ally protein bars".

Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

buy some protein powder. Try and stomach a serving a day (i cant stand the stuff, it's awful) and that will get you 25-30grams of protein a day.

I buy the chocolate and add a serving to oatmeal with some cinnamon and chopped apples. It's actually pretty good and super easy to make.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by optiquest
buy some protein powder. Try and stomach a serving a day (i cant stand the stuff, it's awful) and that will get you 25-30grams of protein a day.

I buy the chocolate and add a serving to oatmeal with some cinnamon and chopped apples. It's actually pretty good and super easy to make.
The best use for this is to do this 20 minutes after a work out. My favorite source of proten is turkey and pork loin. I'll smoke them on my day off and that way I have plenty of meat for the week.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:39 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Eliochacon
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but I'm hoping for suggestions. I'm getting tired of chicken. I don't care for eggs or seafood so what can I do to get more protein?
Found a better healthy high protein snack. Low fat chips, pretzels or whatever, dipped in mix of non-fat refried beans or hummus, with equal amount of fat free sour cream. I use more dip than the snack. Adds some calcium, lots of fiber as well.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

For dinner last night I had 2 servings of cookies & cream flavored protein powder from Optimum Nutrition (Gold Standard) with 6 oz almond milk, 2 oz heavy whipping cream, and 1 raw egg ...all blended with ice. Lots of the good stuff (fat/protein), (almost) none of the bad (carb)! And I woke up the next morning 2 lbs lighter.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by path75
For adding in protein I put whey protein in my coffee in the morning. I started this a couple months ago because I saw a suggestion somewhere on this site to put it in coffee.
I've never heard of that, sounds like a great idea. Gonna have to check that out, thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.