Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Food talk
I am vegan ,what are the protein sources for me that I can include in diet? >

I am vegan ,what are the protein sources for me that I can include in diet?

Notices

I am vegan ,what are the protein sources for me that I can include in diet?

Old 04-19-2016, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Default I am vegan ,what are the protein sources for me that I can include in diet?

I am vegan,what are the protein sources for me that I can include in diet?
Old 04-20-2016, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jennyminz
I am vegan,what are the protein sources for me that I can include in diet?
This is a very commonly asked question. We vegans achieve protein from a very wide range of vegetables (spinach, broccoli, etc) and from grains like rice as well. Know that going vegan is completely possible and the best diet and way of living there is.

All foods contain protein. Vegan meats and seitan (gluten) have more protein than animal products. Beans also have tons of protein. All vegetables also contain protein (e.g., a large bowl of kale has about 10g - if then I put olives, tempeh, oil, and seeds in there, it packs a wallop).

See also: Protein Vegan Meal Plan How Can A Vegan Get Complete Proteins in a Vegan Meal Plan? | Local Masters Community
Old 05-07-2016, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

protein exists in every plant food
you can't not get enough protein unless you are starving yourself!
make sure you eat high carb low fat, at least 2000 calories per day (preferably 2500+) and check out that vegan couple on youtube
Old 05-08-2016, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

You can also buy Soy and Pea protein powders to mix into drinks, smoothies etc. I'm not vegan but I use Pea Protein all the time.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:56 AM
FitDay Member

Well its nearly impossible to have a protein deficiency unless starving, and the human body actually does not need as much as we believe we do! Some sources would be lentils,quinoa, tofu, seitan, nuts, beans, soy milk, green beans, artichoke, hemp seeds, soy milk, tempeh, spinach, edemane, peanut/almond butter, and to an extent, guavas and mulberries.
Old 05-22-2016, 09:55 PM
FitDay Member

Have a good amount of legumes in your diet. They have one of the best combination of Protein + Fiber. You can try chickpeas. It is a great source of protein and is delicious to eat.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:50 AM
FitDay Member

Here is a link that might help. It does include meat foods, but it also shows that soy beans have about as much protein per 100g as chicken breast and some nuts and seeds have up to 33g per 100g of protein. I eat a lot of pistachios and almonds for a good protein source.

https://www.healthaliciousness.com/a...in-protein.php
Old 06-16-2016, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

"Soya Chaap Tikka" is an Indian variant made from Soy flour that is arguably the best alternative to meat. Kind of what beyond meat is doing. Even if you have a low tolerance for spices Soya Chaap would fool someone in a blind test.

Try it at any local ethnic restaurant. I was told the recipe is traditionally North Indian or "Punjabi" so if you can find a relevant restaurant it would be easily available there. (Given the different type of cuisine from Indian subcontinent).
Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 PM
FitDay Member

I think protein from tofu which is only 10% is is very little compare to fish protein which is 67%, pork which is 61% and beef which is 40%.

The best source of vegetarian protein is not tofu, beans or etc someone say.

"Tofu skin" or yuba is the best source of protein for me and it has 70% of protein and better than meat because when you cook meat, some protein dissolve because of hormones found in meat.

But tofu kin is very rare in surmarkets but you can make your own tofu skin.

first boil the soy milk in low fire, after boiling it, cool it down for 5 minutes and get the protein lipids floating on the soy milk and that is your fresh tofu skin. you can boil the soy milk again and do the same instruction.you can sun dry them for long shelf life.