Notices

Tacos

Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Tacos

How many calories would you say are in a taco: large hard shell, ground beef, shredded cheese, re fried beans, and taco seasoning..I had 4
Old 06-08-2010, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Well, a lot would depend on: how lean was the beef and how much, how much cheese, and were the beans fat free or full fat?
Recipe Calculator
A lot of times what I do is open a recipe calculator (link above) in a separate window, figure my recipe, and then use those numbers to create a custom FitDay food. I usually also add the size (1 taco, 1 cup, 1/8 pan etc) since you can only save a custom food as one serving.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

I used the information from FITDAY for a 'Fast Food Taco or Tostada, with beef & cheese' that is about 220 calories, add an ounce of Refried Beans for another 41 calories and your Tacos were about 260 calories each. 260 X 4 = 1040 calories. Probably more calories than you wanted to hear.