Notices

cabbage soup

Old 01-12-2015, 05:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default cabbage soup

I eat this often when I'm on a diet . it taste good also. take two cups cooking beef stock in a pan and bring to a boil. also fry 1/4 of a 16 ounce roll of lean ground beef, must be the 93% lean 7% fat. after frying add to beef stock. also add a cup chopped cabbage, 1/2 cup bell pepper, and 1/4 cup yellow onion to the boiling beef stock. let it cook until cabbage is tender. add salt and black pepper to your taste and enjoy. It makes a big bowl for only 235 calories. sometime I might add extra stuff like mushrooms, celery, shredded carrots and tomatoes. your biggest calorie item is the ground beef. you could half that down more and just add more vegetables. I'd stay away from corn, potatoes, and pea since their calories are a tad bit higher. I hope this helps anyone staying on a low calorie diet. I just started back on my diet a week ago and already lost 6 pounds. got a long way to go still.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds yummy. Might work with ground turkey as well?
Old 01-13-2015, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

The ingredients used are appealing; I love to add bell peppers in most of my foods. However please let me know would it taste pleasing if chicken breast is added instead of beef?

If yes, it would help people like me as I hate beef and I can enjoy the soup too.