FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Does Coffee Assist You to Lose Weight? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/11587-does-coffee-assist-you-lose-weight.html)

ArnoldDocce 12-12-2014 05:45 PM

Yes Pure Coffee Beans Extract obviously works because it's have Chlorogenic Acid which helps to burn sugar and glucose thus leads you towards abrupt weight loss.You should try this, it's amazing.

larry512 12-12-2014 05:52 PM

Does Coffee Assist You to Lose Weight?

As a proponent of weight reduction through smart nutrition and exercise, I tend to look the other way when it comes to diet pills. I know they can be effective, but they tend to be used as a crutch for a poor diet.

Coffee is different though. It’s an all-natural caffeinated drink derived from the coffee bean. It’s been shown to have many health benefits, but what about weight loss? Does coffee help you slim down?

What are the Effective Fat Loss Ingredients in Coffee?

Caffeine - Caffeine is a stimulant found in coffee that acts on the central nervous system (CNS). It causes a discharge of the neurotransmitters dopamine and epinephrine (adrenaline). The latter causes a boost in the mobilization of fatty acids. Caffeine intake is associated with fat loss through thermogenesis and fat oxidation.

Chlorogenic Acid - Chlorogenic acid is a polyphenol antioxidant within coffee. This antioxidant reduces blood glucose and insulin levels after after a meal. By slowing the discharge of glucose and keeping insulin levels low, you create a more favorable metabolic environment for releasing fatty acids.

Quinides - Quinides are just one of potentially dozens of beneficial chemical compounds in coffee. Quinides have a positive effect on blood glucose disposal, and they make your cells more responsive to the effects of insulin - effectively improving your insulin sensitivity.

How Does Coffee Help You Slim Down?

Fat Oxidation - Fatty acids are sent to your mitochondria to be oxidized and converted to ATP so they can be used for energy. Coffee causes a boost in fat oxidation.

Thermogenesis - Thermogenesis is the production of heat in the body. The creation of heat uses calories and causes a boost in energy expenditure. The caffeine in coffee causes a thermogenic response that leads to additional calories expended over time.

Appetite Suppression - Controlling hunger is one of the major goals when undergoing a weightloss routine. Coffee causes a decrease in hunger and an boost in satiety after a meal. This curbing of your appetite results in a reduction in calories consumed over the course of the day, and lowers the chances of binge eating.

I prefer Green-Fu. Its all natural with its Moringa and Organic Green Bean Coffee Extracts.

Kathy13118 12-13-2014 03:25 AM

Before taking a supplement for weight loss, talk to your doctor. At the very least, you may be wasting your money. At the most, you may be harming your health.

prime357 12-14-2014 03:52 PM

What a terrible recommendation. Diet pills never work well enough to justify the price. Their effect is minimal and usually based on pseudo-science.

JaylinThorne 01-15-2015 08:17 PM

How many cups of coffee can a person drink to lose weight?
I don’t think it’s a good guidance; however it may perhaps assist in losing weight as you said but has a lot of side effects at the same time.

CandiHoward 01-19-2015 01:39 PM

Hi, everyone :) I am a coffee lover and usually have it twice a day. In my opinion, I believe that coffee contains caffeine and this is the reason why they warn me from drinking it too much. I haven't heard that it can assists to lose weight because if it is true then I should be fit by now:)

eddywarston 02-15-2015 11:10 PM

The coffee gives relief from several thing but it does not control cholesterol. The high amounts in unfiltered coffee, cafestol and kahweol, have been found to actually raise cholesterol levels.

stevesdavid 04-14-2015 11:37 PM

Excessive coffee can lead to increased stress levels and insomnia, both of which can lead to overeating. Try to cut your coffee consumption to just 1 or 2 cups per day.

MarjorieHemingway 04-22-2015 03:20 PM

The problem with coffee that we drink today is that it is full of fat and sugar. Take a tall starbucks drink how much milk is in there? what about sugar? BUT ... I LOVE IT!

queruloussend 04-22-2015 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by MarjorieHemingway (Post 115739)
The problem with coffee that we drink today is that it is full of fat and sugar. Take a tall starbucks drink how much milk is in there? what about sugar? BUT ... I LOVE IT!

If you're going to get your everyday coffee fix from Starbucks that would not help you to lose weight it will also result to bankruptcy :D Just make one for yourself, a little sugar and creamer that would do.

MarjorieHemingway 04-29-2015 01:11 PM

bankruptcy is the least of my worries since I don't have any other expenses every day aside from gas :) I hate making my own coffee because it just doesn't taste right :(

Oh well, I've got to learn. Coffee is very important to me otherwise I will fall asleep at work. You see, I work in technical support and if I don't have coffee while sitting in front of the computer, I will surely start snoring in minutes. :eek:

CandiHoward 05-15-2015 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by stevesdavid (Post 115624)
Excessive coffee can lead to increased stress levels and insomnia, both of which can lead to overeating. Try to cut your coffee consumption to just 1 or 2 cups per day.

For argument's sake, what if your tolerance to caffeine is higher? I mean, some people can take 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day and still sleep soundly at night. Will that affect their health and their body's ability to burn fats and the person to lose weight all together?

MarjorieHemingway 05-15-2015 11:27 PM

I guess it depends on one's system. We can't generally say that an effect goes for everyone.

CandiHoward 05-26-2015 01:49 PM

You know, sometimes I miss having 411 where you can call and ask any question. I remember calling 411 before because I my friend and I were arguing about how to spell "dumber." We were outside and smart phones have not been invented that time, so I called 411 to ask the question ... lol .... If only there is 411 now and I can ask about Quest. I have a meeting with them tomorrow and I'm too tired to research them ... ha!

MarjorieHemingway 05-27-2015 02:48 PM

Well, even if there is no 411, I guess, Google has been everyone's best friend if we have a question. But if you are tired to do some clicking, well, that is another story.

clairelv 06-10-2015 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ArnoldDocce (Post 112661)
Yes Pure Coffee Beans Extract obviously works because it's have Chlorogenic Acid which helps to burn sugar and glucose thus leads you towards abrupt weight loss.You should try this, it's amazing.

i heard this once but not sure if it is true ! in my mind drink too much coffee is not so good ,is it ?

TessTraylor 09-30-2015 01:44 PM

Does Coffee Assist You To Lose Weight

This sounds interesting to me. I'm not even aware that coffee can help me lose weight. By the way, I have read it that its a yes, because it can enhance the fat burning and it can makes us eat only a few especially if we drink a lot of coffee. However, I heard that it can also affect our health. I think, we just have to learn more about how coffee works on our diet. It's actually my main goal also to lose weight and I'm one of the coffee lovers around here;)

beautygirl7 10-02-2015 05:35 PM

It is best to have minimum intake of coffee to lessen the problem in the future. But people tend to take more that enough.

wegas420 01-18-2017 09:54 PM

yeah of course coffee can help us for losing weight.

wegas420 01-18-2017 11:37 PM

the best to take coffee is the watch ur best tv show and taking coffee nowadays my favorite soccer tournament Africa cup of nations 2017 live is ongoing so I'm enjoying a lot.

joakimeiselt 04-19-2017 09:32 PM

yes of course it does. But it has to be, pure cofee beans!:p:p:p

anndora 04-20-2017 03:20 AM

A little coffee here and there does have some benifits. Like anything else once it over done it has it draw back...I'm coffee drinker and nothing after 2 in afternoon. I usual stop before noon.
Co

ginagreen 05-03-2017 02:41 PM

American coffee helps to lose weight, but it makes me sore throat , so I won't choose this way to lose weight.

helicopter77 06-13-2017 10:51 PM

I combined coffee with hoodia. It was pretty good mix.

"Hoodia -- a succulent, not a cactus, as it's often erroneously described -- has lots of hoopla, but little science, at least little published science, as even advocates admit. Experts familiar with it say hoodia tricks your brain into thinking you're full. But they acknowledge that published, scientific studies proving hoodia works long-term are sparse.

Because it is sold as a dietary supplement, hoodia escapes the level of scrutiny the FDA gives prescription drugs and medications sold over the counter.

The Science

Hoodia does have some evidence to back it up, says Mark Blumenthal, founder and executive director of the American Botanical Council, a nonprofit research organization in Austin, Texas. He cites one laboratory study but says the evidence is not conclusive.

"We can only say the evidence available to us right now, which is considered inadequate, suggests that there is some type of appetite-suppressing mechanism in some of the naturally occurring chemicals in hoodia," Blumenthal says. He adds that his organization has not received any consumer reports of safety problems with hoodia use.

The laboratory evidence Blumenthal refers to was produced by David MacLean, MD, an adjunct associate professor at Brown University in Providence, R.I., and a former researcher at the pharmaceutical giant, Pfizer. In a report published in the Sept. 10, 2004, issue of Brain Research, MacLean reported that a molecule in hoodia, called P57, likely has an effect on the brain's hypothalamus, which helps regulate appetite. His study was done in animals.?

Worgingle 06-21-2017 03:23 AM

Yes it does , but don't forget to do your exercise.

beeskitchen 07-16-2017 12:32 PM

people,people,people The first post was posted to get you to buy a product. Use your web radar. Maybe the "you should try this- it's amazing line" in post 15 :) is a hint.
Now to continue the coffee question. Black coffee, or in my choice tea, can be a good substitute for high cal/empty nutrition . I am adding fiber supplement to my morning drink and to my afternoon cup.

saracute 07-30-2017 11:34 PM

It helps you lose weight, but not very fast. Also, many people drink coffee with sugars, so this actually does not help. I will share my experience with you; I just ate protein rich foods with raw vegetables like carrot, beetroot, spinach juice, cabbage and just close to 30 days my friends noticed the change in my body. So, I recommend you to have protein foods to lose fats fast.

join2h 07-31-2017 07:59 PM

What a terrible recommendation.

[email protected] 08-08-2017 05:26 PM

Yes Coffee does help you in weight loss, it has Chlorogenic Acid which helps to burn sugar and glucose. also it boosts your metabolic rate. Dont stop working out.

Amy732 08-22-2017 04:47 PM

A high caffeine intake can lead to an increase in cortisol levels. It can also impede sleep quality and make it difficult to fall asleep. As for weight loss, it can mildly increase metabolism due to an increased heart rate.

WalterDuke 08-22-2017 11:27 PM

I think black coffee can help you to lose weight.

FitnessEntrepreneur 08-29-2017 10:00 PM

I DRINK COFFY every day

is it good or bad?

ayurvedic123 05-02-2018 06:13 PM

hello everyone,
caffeine had an appetite reducing effect in men, but not in women - making them eat less at a meal following caffeine consumption. However, another study showed no effect for men Whether coffee or caffeine can help you lose weight in the long term may depend on the individual.

Jonjac 05-05-2018 05:13 AM

Is this actually because of the substances within coffee or the fact that it increases your energy which allows you to burn more calories more easily?

panchkarma27 05-22-2018 05:55 PM

In one study, caffeine had an appetite-reducing effect in men, but not in women, making them eat less at a meal following caffeine consumption. However, another study showed no effect for men (17, 18). Whether coffee or caffeine can help you lose weight in the long term may depend on the individual.