Notices

Does Coffee Assist You to Lose Weight?

Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 PM
FitDay Member

yes of course it does. But it has to be, pure cofee beans!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

A little coffee here and there does have some benifits. Like anything else once it over done it has it draw back...I'm coffee drinker and nothing after 2 in afternoon. I usual stop before noon.
Co
Old 05-03-2017, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

American coffee helps to lose weight, but it makes me sore throat , so I won't choose this way to lose weight.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:51 PM
FitDay Member

I combined coffee with hoodia. It was pretty good mix.

"Hoodia -- a succulent, not a cactus, as it's often erroneously described -- has lots of hoopla, but little science, at least little published science, as even advocates admit. Experts familiar with it say hoodia tricks your brain into thinking you're full. But they acknowledge that published, scientific studies proving hoodia works long-term are sparse.

Because it is sold as a dietary supplement, hoodia escapes the level of scrutiny the FDA gives prescription drugs and medications sold over the counter.

The Science

Hoodia does have some evidence to back it up, says Mark Blumenthal, founder and executive director of the American Botanical Council, a nonprofit research organization in Austin, Texas. He cites one laboratory study but says the evidence is not conclusive.

"We can only say the evidence available to us right now, which is considered inadequate, suggests that there is some type of appetite-suppressing mechanism in some of the naturally occurring chemicals in hoodia," Blumenthal says. He adds that his organization has not received any consumer reports of safety problems with hoodia use.

The laboratory evidence Blumenthal refers to was produced by David MacLean, MD, an adjunct associate professor at Brown University in Providence, R.I., and a former researcher at the pharmaceutical giant, Pfizer. In a report published in the Sept. 10, 2004, issue of Brain Research, MacLean reported that a molecule in hoodia, called P57, likely has an effect on the brain's hypothalamus, which helps regulate appetite. His study was done in animals.?

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-05-2018 at 08:41 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 06-21-2017, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Yes it does , but don't forget to do your exercise.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

people,people,people The first post was posted to get you to buy a product. Use your web radar. Maybe the "you should try this- it's amazing line" in post 15 is a hint.
Now to continue the coffee question. Black coffee, or in my choice tea, can be a good substitute for high cal/empty nutrition . I am adding fiber supplement to my morning drink and to my afternoon cup.
Old 07-30-2017, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

It helps you lose weight, but not very fast. Also, many people drink coffee with sugars, so this actually does not help. I will share my experience with you; I just ate protein rich foods with raw vegetables like carrot, beetroot, spinach juice, cabbage and just close to 30 days my friends noticed the change in my body. So, I recommend you to have protein foods to lose fats fast.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:59 PM
FitDay Member

What a terrible recommendation.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:26 PM
FitDay Member

Yes Coffee does help you in weight loss, it has Chlorogenic Acid which helps to burn sugar and glucose. also it boosts your metabolic rate. Dont stop working out.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-08-2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 08-22-2017, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

A high caffeine intake can lead to an increase in cortisol levels. It can also impede sleep quality and make it difficult to fall asleep. As for weight loss, it can mildly increase metabolism due to an increased heart rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.