FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Food talk (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/)
-   -   Crock Pot Lentil Soup (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/food-talk/11210-crock-pot-lentil-soup.html)

JediMindTricks 07-07-2014 02:25 PM

Crock Pot Lentil Soup

1 Attachment(s)
Recipe Makes 6-8 Servings (The recipe said 1 serving is 1.5 cups, but I figured only on 1 cup. That was enough to fill me up)
Serves: 8-10
Ingredients
  • 3 medium carrots, chopped (or 4 small or 2 large)
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 large clove shallot, chopped
  • 2 cups dry green lentils (rinsed)
  • 8 cups Vegetable stock
  • 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme

Add in 20 Minutes Before Cooking Time Ends:
  • 1 head of Swiss Chard, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces (I used baby spinach)
  • 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin

Instructions
  • Chop carrots, celery, onions and garlic with a food processor (just a couple pulses) and put in pot.
  • Pour in stock (I used low sodium chicken stock instead of vegetable stock)
  • Add lentils, tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme.
  • I added the rest of the ingredients after cooking on high for 4 hours (6-8 on low) and let the spinach wilt.

Nutritional Data:
Amount Per Serving (For 1c cooked lentils. I think the vegetables, as little as there is in a serving, is negligible and I didn't know exactly how much of each thing would be in a scoop.)
Calories 160.0, Calories from Fat 119.3g, Fat 13.3g, Saturated Fat 1.7g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.6g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g, Sodium 430.0mg, Potassium 640.0mg, Carbohydrate 36.7g, Fiber 14.5g, Protein 16.4g

[email protected] 08-13-2014 03:11 AM

Fat Content?

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks (Post 109778)
Recipe Makes 6-8 Servings (The recipe said 1 serving is 1.5 cups, but I figured only on 1 cup. That was enough to fill me up)
Serves: 8-10
Ingredients
  • 3 medium carrots, chopped (or 4 small or 2 large)
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped
  • 1 large yellow onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 large clove shallot, chopped
  • 2 cups dry green lentils (rinsed)
  • 8 cups Vegetable stock
  • 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme

Add in 20 Minutes Before Cooking Time Ends:
  • 1 head of Swiss Chard, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces (I used baby spinach)
  • 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin

Instructions
  • Chop carrots, celery, onions and garlic with a food processor (just a couple pulses) and put in pot.
  • Pour in stock (I used low sodium chicken stock instead of vegetable stock)
  • Add lentils, tomatoes, bay leaf and thyme.
  • I added the rest of the ingredients after cooking on high for 4 hours (6-8 on low) and let the spinach wilt.

Nutritional Data:
Amount Per Serving (For 1c cooked lentils. I think the vegetables, as little as there is in a serving, is negligible and I didn't know exactly how much of each thing would be in a scoop.)
Calories 160.0, Calories from Fat 119.3g, Fat 13.3g, Saturated Fat 1.7g Polyunsaturated Fat 2.6g, Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g, Sodium 430.0mg, Potassium 640.0mg, Carbohydrate 36.7g, Fiber 14.5g, Protein 16.4g

I was really happy to see this post as I was trying to determine nutritional values of my homemade vegan fast-free lentil soup, which is pretty darned closed to this with the exception of the addition of a Granny Smith and low sodium miso in place of salt. But I do not see where your fat grams come from...help, please!