Community
Notices

Menus

Old 04-07-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Menus

Does anyone have a good meal plan that doesn't leave you feeling hungry? I make weekly menus and I'm getting bored with the ones I've got.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:02 AM
FitDay Member

Default MENU! It works for me!

Okay so here's my menu (hope you like it!)

7am- light and fit strawberry banana smoothie and/or yogurt and handful of nuts (almonds)

8am- 1-2 cups of coffee with cream and sugar

9am- banana

1030- handful of "craisins trail mix, cranberry and chocolate"

11:00- ham and cheese lean pocket (or) peanut butter and jelly sandwhich (or) lean cuisuin pepporoni pizza and then I add a salad or baked lays chips

1pm- applesauce (or) light butter popcorn

3pm- more craisins trial mix (or) yogurt (or) handful of pretzels

4:30- Dinner! (usually something like: shake and bake chicken breast (boneless and skinless but seasoned soooo good!) mac and cheese or mashed potatoes and then a veggie like brocoli or green beans or peas

Then I swim until about 6-7 and then eat a fruit and nut parfait for my treat! I usually go to sleep around 10!

ALSO: Most times I cook that dinner for my hubby and then I eat it the next day for lunch and whatever I was GOING to eat for lunch that next day (the lean pocket and such) I eat for dinner. That way I eat MORE at lunch and LESS at dinner!

That diet and swimming 3-4 days a week for 30min to an hour has made me lose 10 pounds in 6 weeks! March 2- 245 April 7- 235

I always take one day a week (usually Sat or Sun) to go out to eat and usually get loaded mashed potatoes or baked potatoe and a burger or chicken strips or something.

I try to stay under 1600 cal a day but usually when I go out to eat I only hit 1800-1900 so I'm still good! and The diet I explained above usually only makes me hit 1400-1500 cal a day! And I'm not hungrey~!

Oh and the "perfect" way to keep your cal in check "from one of my dietitians stand point" is when you enter your food into FitDay~ it gives you a pie-chart....it should be 60% carbs 25% fat and 15% protein

I really hope this helps! sorry it's so long~ keep me updated!

Last edited by airbabygurl; 04-07-2010 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

I can't wait to try your menu! I have never been able to do those meal plans that are only breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so this is great!
Congrats on the weight loss, by the way! I'll let you know if I come up with any extra spins on this meal plan too. I'm looking forward to making my grocery list now :-) Thanks
Old 04-07-2010, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Great! I'm so glad you're going to try it! Like I said, it did wonders for me! And I'm full all day. You know how most people say that after you swim you get really hungrey?? Well I dont! Because I eat right before and then treat myself after! I'm a fast food junkie! But I went swimming yesterday then we went to McDonalds- my one friend got a mushroom swiss 3-pound burger and ice cream cone then my other friend got a LARGE quarter pounder with cheese and fries and coke! You know what I got....a chicken snack wrap and parfait (I usually only get a fruit and nut parfait or I go home and eat a yogurt for the protein to get back and to feed my muscles after swimming) ! both things together were under 500 cal and my day yesterday only hit 1535 with the WHOLE diet I told you about before AND a snack after swimming! Whoo hoo! You go girl~ if it works this well for me I'm sure it'll work just as good if not better for you! Keep me updated!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi: My day goes as such:

Up at 3 or 330am 2 cups coffee, sugar free creamer & splenda

Driving to work 430am - 1 protein shake (whatever coffee I didn't finish + 1% milk to equal 1 cup, add one scoop protein powder, 5 ice cubes, blend)

Morning Break between 730-830am (15 min break) - 6 oz non fat yogurt or 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 banana, 1 hard boiled egg

Lunch between 1100-1230 (30 min lunch) - large salad, 2 tablespoons lowfat or fatfree salad dressing, left overs from night before - 3 oz meat & sometimes 1/2 cup carb (rice or potatoes), one piece of fruit (or high fiber/low fat tortilla with 1 tsp light mircle whip and 3 oz of turkey or chicken lunch meat)

Drive to gym from work 130pm or 2pm - 1 apple and 2 tablespoons peanut butter

Gym - alternate cardio and weight lifting

Home 4pm - Dinner large salad, salad dressing, 3 oz of meat & 1/2 cup carb - Some evenings I am not hungry enough to eat dinner but I usually will have the salad.

Key is to measure & weigh EVERYTHING!!!

Good luck!!!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Here's my menu from yesterday:
1550 calories, vegetarian friendly

Breakfast:
2 over easy eggs
Whole wheat toast with about a half tablespoon of real fruit jam
1 cup of strawberries or one other serving of fruit

Snack:
Apple or one other serving of fruit
Soy yogurt

Lunch:
Bean burrito (whole wheat tortilla, vegetarian refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, vegan cheese)
1 cup steamed broccoli

Snack
Plum or one other serving of fruit
Granola bar/yogurt/cottage cheese/peanut butter on a plain rice cake, etc (depends on my mood/craving)

Dinner:
Chili! - Veg-Head Three-Bean Chili Recipe : Rachael Ray : Food Network
Salad with fresh greens and veggies

Last edited by veixsus; 05-16-2010 at 03:02 AM.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:25 AM
FitDay Member

Alternative type of menu, just if you want to switch it up:

Morning: Fresh-ground coffee with maple syrup and 1 oz whole milk
Option 1: 2-3 strips of bacon, 2 eggs (hard boiled, spinach/garlic omelette, or lightly fried in butter)
Option 2: half cup of oats with scoop of protein powder, flax oil, maple syrup

Brunchtime snack:
Option 1: Handful of wasabi peas, almonds, pecans, peanuts
Option 2: Banana or carrot or some kind of citrus

Lunch:
Option 1: "Big-Ass Salad" (spinach/arugula base, almonds, orange chunks, tuna/salmon, olive oil, balsamic vinegar)
Option 2: Grilled chicken sandwich on wheat, with sun-dried tomatoes, guacamole, arugula and olive oil

Afternoon snack: Another cup of coffee
Option 1: Whole avocado, cut in half with dash of salt and pepper and squeeze of lemon/lime
Option 2: Buffalo or turkey jerky, handful of nuts

Dinner:
Option 1: Grilled chicken breast with guacamole, tomato soup
Option 2: Some vegetable entree or cooked quinoa with vegetables and spices

This is just a sampling, as I usually eat only when I'm hungry and divide up my portions to keep from pigging out. I average around 45-55% fat, 20-30% carb, 20-30% protein on my fitday.com pie chart, and that's been working out great for me. Hopefully it does for you too.

-Nik
Old 05-17-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

I plan mainly dinners and have leftovers for lunch. Snacks are usually yogurt with nuts, popcorn, fruit, veggies and dip (low fat of course), a tablespoon of peanut butter on whole wheat bread, etc. Breakfast is almost always oatmeal with honey and skim milk. Once in a while I'll have eggs and toast for breakfast. This weeks dinner plan is as follows:
Monday-lentil and apple salad
Tuesday-couscous and sesame chicken salad
Wednesday-curried chickpeas with brown rice
Thursday-shrimp scampi
Friday-Soup and sandwich

I also try to plan quite a few vegetarian meals. We aren't vegetarian but I really don't like to eat too much meat, it just doesn't sit well in my stomach. On top of all this I have two cups of coffee every day with milk. That's it!