Notices

How to track cholesterol?

Old 08-02-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to track cholesterol?

Can anyone tellme how to get fitday to calculate the cholsterol amount in the foods I have eaten? Thanks for any help
Carolyn
Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default cholesterol info

Carolyn, on the upper left menu bar, click "overview," then "see all reports," then "nutrition facts." This will give you the cholesterol for a week, two, four or a month, etc. If you want to know the cholesterol in one particular food, on your daily foods log, click on the blue words and you will get that data.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Of course there has never been a published study that has linked dietary cholesterol with blood cholesterol levels. (If anyone has heard of one please educate me.) I even read of a study where participants added a large amount of eggs (possibly the food that is higher in cholesterol than any other) to their diet and their blodd cholesterol levels were unchanged at the end of the study.

Another piece of media mis-information that most people believe to be fact. I suggest you track something like whole grains that have been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-03-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Ron, Agree totally. I've read that, at most, dietary cholesterol affects serum cholesterol less than 10%. Yes, better to track something else, such as fiber. I feel the same way about tracking so-called "net carbs." Waste of time IMHO. Just eat REAL food, not too much, and wide variety. And exercise, of course.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

question-is there a way to set the food calculations to give NET carbs ? I am new here and like the tracking of food/intake however it took me 2 days to realize that my carb amount was for total carbs not net carbs...thanks in advance
Old 08-04-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

I read that all you have to do is take the total amount of carbs in the food and subtract the fiber and that equals the net carbs. Fit Day can't do that for you unless you have the PC version, as I understand it. If you google "net carbs" it will explain this concept.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Cholesterol tracking?

I am sorry if there is a thread on this already but I couldn't find it. I need to track my cholesterol and the pie chart doesn't seem to do that. Most of the foods I eat have the information on the package (olive oil, ground turkey,etc) but I would really love for it to be included in my reports. What am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance
Old 02-15-2012, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

I see you're using Classic. Under the Food Journal, click on the Custom Nutrition Goals, then where it says "More Info" click on "Setup your Nutrient Goals" and you'll be able to track Cholesterol and a lot of other things.