Notices

Any way to log supplements?

Old 05-25-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Custom creation for Multi vitamin

I too hope they are watching the forums so that stuff like this can be added into the tool. Seems like a multivitamin tracker should have its own play in fitday by now.

For now, I've added mine as a custom food. Not ideal, but it partially works.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 10% ?

hmmm, that really depends on the vitamin and what else is in your tummy.

More and more research is showing that it is possible to take too much of some vitamins and that there is little or no benefit (other than to the manufacturer's bottom line) for taking mega-doses.

So If the bottle says 100% per tablet and you eat a relatively balanced diet, you are probably getting an ample dose of that vitamin.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

What about liquid vitamins? I get my viatmins from the Superfood Greens drink. Its like a grass substance I mix in water.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

If you click on the "Total Nutrition" tab when entering a custom food, you can add vitamins in grams or milligrams. It will then be converted to %DV and %RDA.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NessaSonic
I also put them in as a custom food, but I only put in ten percent of what is in the vitamin, since that's about all we absorb from it.
The custom food is not custom enough for me - how can I add acai berry extract or CLA (tonalin) when I don't have the option to input those categories? Same for Omega 3 Fish oil. Althouh not strictly vitamins, these are useful supplements and would be great to be able to add these.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Violet2Day
I take fish oils daily for health, and have tried to create a custom food for the fish oils. There is no space to enter on a custom food "Omega-3", or the amount of EPA to DHA to Other Omega-3's.

Also, this fish oil has Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol), and while I was able to add "100%" of rda, when I look at the detailed rda list, I see that this value is actually in the wrong place, yet there's no way for me to enter it correctly.

FITDAY!!! come on! Omega-3's are a critical part of health, and weight loss. Help us log this!
I second that! I also want to suggest providing an option for Tonalin (CLA), acai berry extract and green tea extract.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

I came to this forum specifically looking for an answer to this question. Being able to see the nutritional info reports is such a great feature of Fitday, I'm amazed they don't have a way to list vitamins and other supplements. When you create a custom food, there aren't enough categories to put in values of many vitamins, and there is no IU choice as a unit of measure. Maybe if enough of us comment on this Fitday will take care of this problem.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Multivitamins a must!!

Been going crazy trying to figure this out. Hopefully we'll get a response or an upgrade soon. My nutrition levels look awful because I can't add in my multivitamins and supplements.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:51 PM
FitDay Member

As of today, I can't even add a new food by clicking on the add a food button. Is this something wrong with the software or is it something caused by my computer? I'm not ready to buy the PC version yet - not until more of the bugs are worked out. But then!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pantothenic Acid (Vit B5)

Hi all!

Lovin' FitDay but as many of you pointed out in other threads, it is lacking in some respects. There is an anomaly that I discovered in that Pantothenic Acid is listed in the report "Nutrition as Percent RDA or AI" but it is not listed in any Nutrition Facts labels in the online version (not sure of the home PC version) nor am I able to input this info when I create a food. I would like to track this essential vitamin but don't know how to add it for foods that I create. My weekly report shows that I've consumed 66% of my DV of B5 but I don't know from which foods they came. Any ideas? Thanks bunches!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.