FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Reports (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-reports/)
-   -   Any way to log supplements? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-reports/439-any-way-log-supplements.html)

P90T 03-15-2010 02:38 PM

Today is my FIRST day with Fitday and so far the vitamin thing is the first "glitch" I have found in my navigation of the website. I will watch for a fix for this as I know that with my multi vitamin I'm getting a good dose of what I need, but would like to see on a daily basis what I'm lacking through my diet ( I figure I could track this by not adding my multivitamin into my log in until my last food entry for the day).

So far really enjoying the site! Thanks...

Willow_NyteEyes 03-17-2010 02:59 AM

I would also like to see this feature as MiltiVitamins & supliments do provide me with stuff I'm missing in my diet & I'd love to know if I'm ACTUALLY missing anything vital.

Lizzycritter 03-17-2010 05:57 AM

I custom made a multivitamin, but had to add the % values based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I'd prefer to add it as IU because I don't eat 2,000 calories but that doesn't seem to be an option.

coultersca 03-26-2010 05:51 AM

Adding Daily Vitamins

How do I add my daily vitamins to my food count? I believe they add to the food analysis for the day.

TiaShizzle 03-26-2010 03:46 PM

I want to know this too!!!! I was just wondering how I do that. I hope someone knows. Lol.

softballup11 03-27-2010 06:25 AM

I created a custom food for each of the vitamins I take. Add the % daily value down at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps. The only problem I see is that pantothenic acid isn't a value you can add but yet it shows when you look at the overall RDI/Nutrition tab. This is frustrating and I don't know if there's a fix for this problem.

cmathers 03-28-2010 12:23 PM

Omega 3s and 6s

Is there any way I can track the percentage of Omega 3s and Omega6s consumed?

FricFrac 04-08-2010 09:27 AM

I'd also like to see this...

wakeboardChick 04-14-2010 08:27 AM

I too have vitamins that don't give me values in %RDA but in mg and mcg. I've been trying to figure out how to put 500mg Vitamin C into my food log (I do want to track vitamin/multi-vitamin intake). Using 100% = 60mg then to that effect, I need to input 833% in order for my full 500mg to be counted, I think, for the RDA value in my custom vitamin c "food" entry.

But then that leaves the question, what do I do with my multi vitamin as I don't know the other RDA to mg or mcg conversions...

montanacricket 04-21-2010 08:21 AM

Recording vitamins in Fitday?

I've done a search on supplements and vitamins and couldn't find anything. Is there a way to record a vitamin supplement that I take every day? I noticed that on both calcium and vitamin D my overall nutrition is showing as lacking, but I take a mega supplement daily. Can I just record that as a custom food?