Tracking Sodium in summary graphs

Community
Notices

Tracking Sodium in summary graphs

Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Tracking Sodium in summary graphs

Hello,

It would be nice to see Sodium as one of the items in the Nutrition bar graph, in the Overview summaries. Along with the vitamins and other minerals currently shown. Trying to keep my blood pressure down.

Thank you.
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

You can do some "custom" nutritional goals where you set a max (or min) intake of a certain nutrient, but it won't show up in the bar graph, just in a table. Better than nothing I guess!
Just curious, how do you calculate the salt that you add to foods? It's really hard to weigh. or you simply don't add any?
Thanks, hope this helps!
Old 09-20-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hello YH I'm trying to stay under 1000 Na myself. I watch the labels and try to eat natural tasty foods and tons of garlic and cinnamon where appropriate. It takes effort but can be done!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks for the Replies.

I see in the Total Nutrition Reports you can see your Sodium averages. It would just be more convenient to see Sodium in the Overview along with the other nutrients. I'll check out the Custom options.

I don't have Salt in the house. Well, except for some occasional,very little, Soy Sauce to cook with, and I use the label to track how much sodium I'm getting from it. Eating out and packaged foods are where I'm getting the bulk of my Salt intake.

Thanks
Old 09-30-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default tracking sodium

I've just joined--and am very dismayed not to see sodium among the commonly listed nutrients! I track mine very carefully--both for BP and also because keeping it low helps arthritic pain. I wonder if they ever plan to make that more available? Lowering sodium is very much on many people's mind lately. I might have thought FitDay would be on the forefront helping people track it!