Notices

Sodium

Old 01-19-2010, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Question Sodium

Is there a report that shows the nutritional content of the foods in ones daily menu??? When it looks like I am over the limit in sodium (blood pressure demon) I'd like to check and see which item are the culprits. How do I do that?
Old 01-20-2010, 01:20 AM
fitday_jim

So what you are looking for is a report that says "Where did I get my sodium from?". You want a sodium breakdown by foods eaten?

Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I would like a quick breakdown of what food I could quickly eliminate to reduce sodium. i prepare most of my food from scratch and dont use any salt when I do.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

When you enter your foods in your food log, you can click on them and select the "food label." It gives you the breakdown of calories, fat, carbs, etc but also includes sodium content and the RDA. That should tell you where your sodium is coming from.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Default Sodium

It is kind of tedious to click on every food to get the sodium value.

I'd like to see a daily Nutrition Label Report added. Then if I see a day where my sodium is too high, I could then drill into the foods for just day.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Question Sodium

I'm new here, and I also think this would be a very useful feature. Does anyone know how to do this on a day by day basis?
Old 05-10-2012, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

click on the food you chose for the day and the report will show up with the nutritional analysis for that food.

My problem is the mg of sodium for the good group is out of whack, also B-12 content.

I ate only green fresh raw veggies and it shows b-12 at 329% when I had no meat or dairy, and sodium levels at 1877 mg when I searched sodium websites and found my total to be closer to 223mg.

I eat only freshly prepared foods from raw, no package foods at all. So I am perplexed about these strange levels?
Old 08-23-2012, 04:49 PM
FitDay Member

Default Individual nutrient summary

I just joined last week and was wondering the same thing. (Is there a report that would give your sodium and potassium values without having to click on each individual food item to find it?) As some one else mentioned, it is too time consuming to do all that clicking. I am finding that even logging in all the food for the day is quite time consuming, though the reward so far has been a motivating 4.8 lb weight loss in 9 days. Maybe my scale is wrong???
Old 08-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there, welcome!

You can find the sodium information if you go to the Reports tab, then the Nutrition tab. The results present as a bar graph, but if you look at the bottom right, you have the option to present it in a table. If you select that, sodium appears in the table.

I can't really comment on the strange levels, mitch; maybe one of the techs or other mods can chime in.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi, I am new here. I am looking for a way to generate DAILY custom reports. All I see is weekly. I want to have a daily sodium report. Is there a way to do this?