FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Reports (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-reports/)
-   -   Calorie budget inaccurate (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-reports/1851-calorie-budget-inaccurate.html)

crazyredj 08-25-2010 04:44 PM

Calorie budget inaccurate

Weight Goal > Progress > Calorie Budget seems to come up with completely random numbers. I've cleared my food and actitivies, but the "Calorie Budget" numbers remain the same. I even log off the system, log back in, make SURE the cleared info is still clear - and the Calorie Budget is STILL the same. Is this a bug in the system?

Thanks.

Jeff [email protected]

vsabino 08-25-2010 11:06 PM

It's an average of the whole period since you started, compared to where you need to go. Why do you think it gives random numbers? It looks right to me?

crazyredj 08-26-2010 11:50 AM

Thanks!

Aha! Thanks vsabino. That makes perfect sense. The reason it looked random to me is that I never thought of averaging the daily figures.

Ok, I went back and averaged it with a calculator. I started 4 days ago. Here were my calories burned:
Day 1: 5737, day 2: 3985, Day 3: 3933, Day 4 (today so far): 3523.
Add that together it comes to 16,678. Divide that by 4 you get 4169.5. My "Progress > Calorie Budget" shows 3676 right now. Where did 3676 come from?

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm just not getting it.

Thanks so much for your help.

jeff

vsabino 08-27-2010 01:02 AM

If you can share your link I can have a look...

bloophish 01-30-2011 02:25 PM

I am having the same issue. My total calories burned in Activities = 2336, but in Weight Goal > Progress > Calorie Budget it shows the actual calories burned = 2056. Shouldn't these 2 values be the same?

vabeachgirlNYC 02-01-2011 08:16 AM

I put a request in to see what the issue could be. :)

dgarcia85 02-02-2011 05:41 AM

Ijust joined today and im having the same issue! Was just about to post on it til i saw this thread...in the calorie budget, my actual calories burned doesnt change no matter what activity i put in....it shows in the activities tab but not in the calories budget.

vulpine1010 03-11-2011 05:09 AM

Calorie budget default

I also noticed that my Calorie Balance under the Weight Goal tab did not match my calories burned under my Foods tab. I found out that the number there is actually just a default value and you have to enter in the calories you actually burn using the Customize button.
Let me know if this helps.
-Nels

vulpine1010 03-11-2011 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by crazyredj (Post 19656)
Aha! Thanks vsabino. That makes perfect sense. The reason it looked random to me is that I never thought of averaging the daily figures.

Ok, I went back and averaged it with a calculator. I started 4 days ago. Here were my calories burned:
Day 1: 5737, day 2: 3985, Day 3: 3933, Day 4 (today so far): 3523.
Add that together it comes to 16,678. Divide that by 4 you get 4169.5. My "Progress > Calorie Budget" shows 3676 right now. Where did 3676 come from?

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm just not getting it.

Thanks so much for your help.

jeff

Hey Jeff,
If you are looking at the overview page for calories burned/calorie balance over time under the 'week' view then the system will automatically calculate the week using their default calorie value for the 3 days you did not enter Activities.:D
I hope this helps.
-Nels

taubele 03-11-2011 08:28 AM

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now :) It doesn't change the number if I look at week, two weeks, past month, etc. -- it just shows whatever I did today (on the overview tab). I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

CarlNelson 03-25-2011 06:37 AM

Calulating Cal Def...

When I go under Weight Goal Cal Bal, it says that I burn 2940 Cals.
When I go under Activities, it says Life Style is 2736 plus burned 650 running and 438 biking for a total of 3823.....

Why is this off over a 1000 cals?

This is beside the fact that I don't burn 2736 cals a day living.... more like 1800.

Love the program, been using it for 12 years, but have never been able to make this part do what I want it to do, when I customize it it's better but it is an average it seems... so if I do the same stuff every day its ok but not if I take a day off...

The Wieght Goal Cal Bal should pick up my activities... Help please! What am I misunderstanding?? :rolleyes:

01gt4.6 03-25-2011 08:06 AM

yes, I noticed that a while back as well for the weight cal goal. I reported it to admin, I haven't gotten word of when or if it'll be fixed.

What do you have your lifestyle set as in activities? I find mine to be accurate once i add in sleep.

CarlNelson 03-27-2011 04:45 AM

More rambling....

Ah, sleep, I'd have never thought of that! I have my activity level now set to highly active, and notice that it works out right per se if I am doing workouts and cardio as to my intake/burn ratio....

But it seems to me that it should not inflate my daily burn rate, that my daily exercise should be added to my daily burn (metab)....

It should change from day to day depending on what I do, if I'm inactive it should be lower, active higher..

What I'd like to see under the Weight Goal is:

1) My Starting Weight - My Current Weight - My Goal

2) Under BMI - Your BMI (at start) and My current BMI then my Goal BMI, right now I'd have no idea what my current BMI is on that page...

3) Under Calorie Balance, the Calories you burn if fine so long as is... but there should be an added Calories Burned in Activities today, then Cal Restr = Calories you can eat... Then I'd get the picture I want...

I know, wishes are wishes, but I've been wanting this for the whole 12 years I've been using FitDay!!!

Thanks for listening!! lol :D

01gt4.6 03-27-2011 12:25 PM

as far as lifestyle setting, I suggest setting it for what you day looks like if you don't exercise. What is your job or "lifestyle" like. Then add in exercises. You are right, it should (and does, if you do it like I suggested) change day by day for active and non active days.

CarlNelson 03-28-2011 04:51 AM

Somtimes a little knowledge is dangerous!!

Thanks Mike!

I set it custom to what I know I stay even on, which is 1800 cals a day if I just live.

Since then on top of living I'll be doing my 2 hours of biking and walking we'll see how it tracks! I hope you are right that it does incorperate the exercise in the Cal Bal.... thanks again!

Carl