Notices

Fat Percentage Reports

Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fat Percentage Reports

Are there any plans to supply a Fat % area to give a report? There's no calculations online needed to do this, I just need a place, similar to Weight to keep track of the upand down of fat percentage. Weight is a fine guideline of how fat (or water) is being lost but is quite less important as the weeks go on. (For instance, Losing 20 lbs but gaining 3% fat is not the best thing).

In combination with calculated fat % though I can can gauge my diet and exercise up or down to maintain more lean muscle. In other words, If I could stay my weight and be 12% fat then clearly I'd have no interest "losing weight", so charting my fat % is an ultimate goal.

Any plans in the future to just have a pidgeon hole to put down Fat %? Otherwise, it (reluctantly) goes in the "weight " goal area as its more important.

Thanks
Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by dasvon
Are there any plans to supply a Fat % area to give a report? There's no calculations online needed to do this, I just need a place, similar to Weight to keep track of the upand down of fat percentage. Weight is a fine guideline of how fat (or water) is being lost but is quite less important as the weeks go on. (For instance, Losing 20 lbs but gaining 3% fat is not the best thing).

In combination with calculated fat % though I can can gauge my diet and exercise up or down to maintain more lean muscle. In other words, If I could stay my weight and be 12% fat then clearly I'd have no interest "losing weight", so charting my fat % is an ultimate goal.

Any plans in the future to just have a pidgeon hole to put down Fat %? Otherwise, it (reluctantly) goes in the "weight " goal area as its more important.

Thanks
I track mine on an excel spreadsheet
Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

I pay for FitDay Premium, and I customized under Stats to keep track of my body fat % there. You can get reports similar to entering your body weight and measurements. I personally don't think the premium membership is worth the money, and I might cancel it at some point, but I do like customizing my stats. I've had problems with hypertension, so I track that there as well. I wouldn't recommend paying for the membership unless you have multiple things you'd like to get reports on.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Wink

Thanks for the mention of the Premium Account. True , I haven't seen the point of paying for customizing when, as 01gt4.6 mentioned, you can do your own. I just throw it on a spreadsheet and key it in my charts, but I'm hoping fitday sees the point of fat % can be more important than weight on an overall scheme of things. I'd like to see all the stats in one place.

Sadly, the weight chart won't go below about "25" units. For instance, you can't put "20" in the weight column, else it says you've made a mistake. So using the weight column as a means of customizing fat % is out too. lol.

I"ve used Fitday since 2003 (back when I was 14%, ahhh the memories, hahaha) so it's a pleasure to use for a free service. Just nice to see when they "new and improve" things.

Last edited by dasvon; 06-28-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

You can create a free account on Bodybuilding.com and track your body fat % there. It will even put it on a graph.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:22 PM
FitDay Member

Yeppers. Excellent. There are other sites that do this for sure. Again, trying to encourage the powers-that-be of this site to realize they're missing a key element. Then again, one may design their site to accent what most focus on: weight. Simple, convenient.. . . and relegate the other concern of fat % to the eschelon of bodybuilders and athletes. This is a good site so I'm hoping to focus all in one basket. Thanks for the one-ups though.

Last edited by dasvon; 07-01-2010 at 11:54 PM.