Notices

Macos based on net carb grams

Old 03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Macos based on net carb grams

Hi,

I am tracking net carb grams. Can I modify macronutrient percentages to track by net carb crams, (i.e., total minus fiber) instead of by total carb grams ?

TIA

Eddie
Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator

I don't think so. I'd be surprised if you could.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I don't think so. I'd be surprised if you could.
:-(
Old 03-22-2013, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

Isn't net carbs just regular carb grams minus fiber? The fiber and carbs are listed in your daily tally, so you can kind of figure it at a glance.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
Isn't net carbs just regular carb grams minus fiber? The fiber and carbs are listed in your daily tally, so you can kind of figure it at a glance.
Correct. But in terms of the ratios, if I am eating high carb/high fiber foods, (which I am, in fact "Carb Zero" bread has 0 net carbs, so if I eat a few slices a day, it will show up as an "artificially" -for my purposes- high carb figure,) that will skew the overall Carb/fat/protein reporting I am looking for.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

OK - then just make those adjustments when you make your custom entry for that bread. I eat a ton of fiber every day and I don't low carb. But, if I were to do that, I'd just add the bread and, where it tells you to put in the carbs, subtract the fiber grams from that number and put in your adjusted carb number when you define that food in the 'customized food' section of your log.
I think that would work. Then, in the future, when you logged a slice of that low-carb bread, it would automatically just add the custom entry carb grams that you specified.

The only problem is that you have to customize every single thing you eat that has fiber. For example - I'm not looking up the numbers, but... - say, you ate some garbanzo beans, which are high in fiber. You'd have to make your own custom entry for garbanzo beans and call it 'My garbanzo beans' and reflect the changes for net carbs in your entry. But in the future, when eating ordinary garbanzo beans, you'd have to use your custom entry for that.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

how do you get an additional column to add fiber. I only have carbs, no fiber. I have to do it manually.