Notices

Keeping an eye on cals consumed?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Keeping an eye on cals consumed?

Hi,
Using the PC version of FitDay, can anyone tell me how, or if it is even possible, to warn me if I approach or consume higher cals on a particular day?

I would expect this to be a main feature of any nutrition software.

For example, if I set my maximum daily cals at 2100, how can I keep track as I enter each meal and make sure I do not go over?

I have entered my min and max values, however, this does not seem to affect the software unless I am missing something?

Thank you in advance.

Steve
Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

The Food Log totals the foods you enter everytime you save. You only need to look at the calorie total at the bottom of the chart to see your calories. If you are organized enough you can enter a entire day of your planned meals and then adjust the quantities and variety of foods to hit your goals. There are no flashing red lights or obnoxious audio alarms to let you know you surpassed your goals.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rpmcduff
The Food Log totals the foods you enter everytime you save. You only need to look at the calorie total at the bottom of the chart to see your calories. If you are organized enough you can enter a entire day of your planned meals and then adjust the quantities and variety of foods to hit your goals. There are no flashing red lights or obnoxious audio alarms to let you know you surpassed your goals.
Steve has a point. Most of us (urban folks) carry smartphone whether Android or iPhone, this application will be extremely popular on smartphones, imagine next time you are about order food, you can look up the menu and look it up on this software..preventing you from make a gastronomical crabby error.. It will make life easier. I am sure this software will sell well on smartpad/phone platforms. Just a suggestion. This is a great software

Devinder, Toronto