FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay PC (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/)
-   -   FitDay PC & Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar??? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/6473-fitday-pc-blood-pressure-blood-sugar.html)

Chickcharnie 01-26-2012 12:11 AM

FitDay PC & Blood Pressure, Blood Sugar???

On the "Products" "FitDay PC" "more" page it states that Blood pressure and blood sugar can be tracked. I have just re-downloaded V2 and, well for the life of me I cannot find Blood Pressure or Blood Sugar mentioned anywhere! Someone please elucidate me . Thankyou.

VitoVino 01-26-2012 12:47 AM

If FitDay made the claim that these are available for tracking, then you will be able to find them under Custom Reports.

But I have been unable to find any such claim for FitDay PC.

Please supply me with the link to the page that you are saying "states that Blood pressure and blood sugar can be tracked". I can't find that claim under "more". I've checked here:

FitDay! - Smarter Weight Loss

and here:

FitDay! - Smarter Weight Loss

Furthermore, another Moderator who owns FD PC has said that Blood Pressure is not an option for PC, so there's your answer for that:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...fitday-pc.html

Chickcharnie 01-26-2012 03:21 AM

Please see this page:-
PC Weight Loss and Diet Journal | FITDAY

Chickcharnie 01-26-2012 03:23 AM

Sorry this page under reports

VitoVino 01-26-2012 03:24 AM

OK, you're correct, they do make the claim. Next step is to see if there's an option to track BP and Blood Sugar under Custom Tracking. Please report back what you find. Thanks.

Chickcharnie 01-26-2012 03:24 AM

It won't let me paste so it's under fitday/products/fitday-pc and see under reports

VitoVino 01-26-2012 03:28 AM

Yes, thank you. See my previous post. :)

Chickcharnie 01-26-2012 03:32 AM

Vito- great to chat with someone who knows what's going on! There is no where that I can find to put such information in and hence there is no option in this setup to generate such reports.

Chickcharnie 01-26-2012 03:37 AM

Please don't get me wrong Vito, it's a great program as both I and my wife have lost wt, 15lbs wife and me 32lbs in one year! Just would be nice to put everything in one place as advertised! instead of using a separate spreadsheet.

Many thanks Vito

VitoVino 01-26-2012 03:37 AM

Well, I'm on the right track, but I still don't know the whole story yet.

I'll tell you what. Just be patient. I've downloaded PC but haven't installed it yet. I'll do that today and get back with you. Just check this thread tomorrow or the next day and I'll have an answer for you.

mecompco 01-26-2012 05:37 AM

I can't locate the page where it says FitDay PC will track those items (which I'm pretty sure it won't). However, FitDay Premium will. One of my gripes with PC is that the tracking of custom items (such as BP, or in my case body fat%) which is available in Premium on-line will not sync and is not available in PC.

I would like to see a link to there it says PC will track this things so we can alert TPTB.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 01-26-2012 05:52 AM

Michael, you missed this link

It's on the right side under Robust Reports. :p

So it's good we're trying to get to the bottom of this. It very well could be that they have stated incorrect information on the link above.

mecompco 01-28-2012 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 70231)
Michael, you missed this link

It's on the right side under Robust Reports. :p

So it's good we're trying to get to the bottom of this. It very well could be that they have stated incorrect information on the link above.

Yup, that's pretty clear, and I believe, pretty incorrect. If anyone can find how to track custom items on PC, please share!

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 01-28-2012 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 70597)
Yup, that's pretty clear, and I believe, pretty incorrect. If anyone can find how to track custom items on PC, please share!

Regards,
Michael

You know, if you say it's incorrect, that's all we need to know. I am sending up an E mail for information today anyway regarding some questions that only Corporate can answer. I'll include this information about the misstatement regarding FitDay PC.

Case solved. Thanks. :)

V

slee55 01-29-2012 09:09 AM

Bood Pressure, Bood Suger, Body Fat, etc.

I use Fit Day online and Fit Day PC and Fit Day Mobile. I can do custom tracking of a number of various items such as sugar, blood pressure, heart rate, body fat %, body water %, etc. on Fit Day online. I have not found, even after syncing that this information is available through Fit Day PC nor Fit Day mobile. Hopefully they will include this capability in their next release.:)

VitoVino 01-29-2012 09:22 AM

Thank you very much, slee55. This information is being conveyed to Internet Brands. We appreciate your feedback. :)

Chickcharnie 01-31-2012 04:00 AM

Vito would you please enquire as to when a FitDay PC version with "Custom Tracking" will be available for download?
Many thanks

dianemancino1 02-03-2012 12:05 AM

blood pressure tracking

I guess for now we can track in the comments of the weight log. BP is very much a motivator for the user who is learning to be health conscious and avoid medication vs weight loss.

I wouldn't want to be charged for the next version.

mecompco 02-03-2012 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by dianemancino1 (Post 71451)
I guess for now we can track in the comments of the weight log. BP is very much a motivator for the user who is learning to be health conscious and avoid medication vs weight loss.

I agree, a free update would be nice! IDK if you have Premium on-line, but you CAN track custom items such as BP, body fat, etc. there--it just doesn't sync with PC.

Regards,
Michael

Chickcharnie 02-06-2012 04:06 AM

Vito. Would you please enquire from the powers that be as to when the FitDay PC version is going to be updated to what was advertised (and I paid for but did not receive ie BP & Glucose tracking options as discussed)? Many thanks.

VitoVino 02-06-2012 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Chickcharnie (Post 71905)
Vito. Would you please enquire from the powers that be as to when the FitDay PC version is going to be updated to what was advertised (and I paid for but did not receive ie BP & Glucose tracking options as discussed)? Many thanks.

I'll let you know when I hear back.

VitoVino 02-08-2012 02:13 PM

Update

Chickcharnie, I've received a reply from IB regarding your inquiry.

Me:
FitDay advertises that FitDay PC tracks Blood Sugar and Blood Pressure here: PC Weight Loss and Diet Journal | FITDAY IT DOES NOT, as verified by members as well as one of our Moderators. Apparently someone got PC confused with Premium when they created the advertising page.

IB: Both products use “custom tracking” which will allow you to track blood sugar and blood pressure.

I know it's not what you wanted to hear and frankly I'm dumbfounded by this whole thing. :confused:

The only possible explanation is this, but if this is considered "tracking" now I'm really confused:

Originally Posted by dianemancino1 (Post 71451)
I guess for now we can track (Blood Pressure) in the comments of the weight log. BP is very much a motivator for the user who is learning to be health conscious and avoid medication vs weight loss.

By this logic, FitDay PC allows "custom tracking of belly button lint" as well!

Chickcharnie 02-09-2012 07:15 PM

Hi Vito. Now why does their reply not surprise me? I've tried contacting them by phone and also email and I get no response. So much for "Customer service". Time to create a competing program. I'll get my guys in India started! Many thanks

VitoVino 02-10-2012 01:05 AM

Why write another program? This one does it all.

In addition to belly button lint, you can custom track

- number of hours you've worn the same pair of underwear
- number of sneezes during the week
- number of hairs that fall into the sink while combing

The possibilities are endless!

WeezySews 04-07-2012 10:34 AM

Does the PC version track blood sugar yet?

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 70193)
OK, you're correct, they do make the claim. Next step is to see if there's an option to track BP and Blood Sugar under Custom Tracking. Please report back what you find. Thanks.

The claim that the PC version tracks blood sugar is still being made...has anyone figured out yet if it REALLY does it?

Thanks!

Xialyna 07-31-2023 03:39 AM

Hi guys! What can I do to bring down high blood pressure naturally?

glanmit 07-31-2023 03:39 AM

Indeed, managing health conditions can be incredibly challenging, especially when dealing with illnesses that are sensitive to external factors like the weather. Having high blood pressure can be particularly difficult during hot weather, as the heat can exacerbate the condition and lead to discomfort and complications. I can understand how taking medications from Canadian Pharmacy multiple times a day becomes essential to regulate your blood pressure and keep your health stable. During scorching summer days, it's crucial to take extra precautions to protect yourself and manage your health effectively. Staying hydrated is of utmost importance, as dehydration can further elevate blood pressure levels. Drinking plenty of water and avoiding excessive exposure to direct sunlight can help you cope with the heat and reduce the strain on your body.