FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay PC (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/)
-   -   Sudden Problem with Sync'ing from FitDayPC (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-pc/6281-sudden-problem-syncing-fitdaypc.html)

Smartyz 01-11-2012 11:48 AM

Sudden Problem with Sync'ing from FitDayPC

I've been using FitDay online and FitDayPC without any issues until yesterday. I tried to Sync from FitDayPC and I immediately get an error when FitDayPC is trying to connect to FitDay.com.

The error reads: "An error occurred while synchronizing your account". That's all it says. This is the second day I have not been able to sync.

Any idea what might be causing the issue? Could it be an account renewal issue?

I've tried rebooting but that didn't help. I also re-entered my username and password so I know those are correct. I just can't figure out why all of sudden it's not working.

I'm using FitDayPC version 2.0.0.2

mecompco 01-11-2012 12:54 PM

I've seen that error once or twice in the time I've been using PC. Generally, a second try syncs fine. I'd try it again and see what happens. If it still fails, let us know.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 01-11-2012 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Smartyz (Post 68081)
I've been using FitDay online and FitDayPC without any issues until yesterday. I tried to Sync from FitDayPC and I immediately get an error when FitDayPC is trying to connect to FitDay.com.

The error reads: "An error occurred while synchronizing your account". That's all it says. This is the second day I have not been able to sync.

Any idea what might be causing the issue? Could it be an account renewal issue?

I've tried rebooting but that didn't help. I also re-entered my username and password so I know those are correct. I just can't figure out why all of sudden it's not working.

I'm using FitDayPC version 2.0.0.2

Are you sure your Premium account is still up to date? With no FitDay Premium you won't be able to sync.

These two threads will hopefully solve your issue if indeed your Premium account is up to date:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...coming-up.html

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...rnet-sync.html

Smartyz 01-11-2012 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 68093)
Are you sure your Premium account is still up to date? With no FitDay Premium you won't be able to sync.

This may be dumb question but how can I find out if my Premium account is up to date? I know it's been about a year since I started with FitDay and purchased the premium account but no where do I see any way to check account info.

How do I check my account status to see if I have to renew?

Smartyz 01-11-2012 01:23 PM

Okay, I found how to check my account status...finally! It says I'm up to date until the end of this month so it's not an account issue.

Now I'm really stumped. I've tried sync'ing several times over the past couple days and it always fails on the first step of trying to connect to fitday.com.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I checked the links given in this thread but they don't cover this problem.

Thanks

VitoVino 01-11-2012 01:25 PM

Have you entered any incomplete data recently on PC? In the thread it mentioned that incomplete data screws up the sync. Other than that, I have no clue. I don't have PC nor Premium, just trying to direct you in the right direction.

Smartyz 01-11-2012 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 68099)
Have you entered any incomplete data recently on PC? In the thread it mentioned that incomplete data screws up the sync. Other than that, I have no clue. I don't have PC nor Premium, just trying to direct you in the right direction.

read that incomplete body stats can causes problems. I guess I can check and see if that's the cause.

Smartyz 01-11-2012 01:40 PM

Okay, I deleted all body stats on FitDayPC and am still getting the same error.

Any other ideas? I checked the log and it says the last sync was on 1/8/12 but that it was canceled. I don't remember canceling a sync because there's no reason for me to do that.

Smartyz 01-11-2012 01:51 PM

I also just noticed my Food Search is not working on the FitDayPC application. I type in a food and hit "go" and nothing happens.

Do I need to reinstall FitDayPC? Can I do that or would I need another activation code?

Something's really screwy.

VitoVino 01-11-2012 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Smartyz (Post 68107)
I also just noticed my Food Search is not working on the FitDayPC application. I type in a food and hit "go" and nothing happens.

Do I need to reinstall FitDayPC? Can I do that or would I need another activation code?

Something's really screwy.

A reinstall certainly wouldn't hurt. It's possible something got corrupted, especially since online syncing is more complex than a regular stand alone application.

I just read today under FD PC that you can request the CD. I would imagine if you still have your registration information and contacted FitDay (the link is in the FAQ's thread in my signature) you should be able to get the CD. It sounds like that's the way to go. A reinstall.

mecompco 01-11-2012 10:19 PM

I think the FitDay server is having issues. I cannot sync this morning, either. In the past a second try would generally be successful. It seems to get hung up in the "Connecting To FitDay.com" stage.

Regards,
Michael

Smartyz 01-11-2012 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 68138)
I think the FitDay server is having issues. I cannot sync this morning, either. In the past a second try would generally be successful. It seems to get hung up in the "Connecting To FitDay.com" stage.

Regards,
Michael

Well I'm now on my third day of not being able to sync. I've checked everything I can think of....I even double checked my firewall configuration to make sure that wasn't blocking the connection but it isn't so now I'm out of ideas.

davidhdunn 01-12-2012 01:18 AM

Anyone else having trouble syncing?

Is anyone else having trouble with sync? I purchased PC version in 2009 and have been using it successfully (lost 80 lbs) since then. Was able to sync yesterday morning, but keep getting error message (at the connecting to FitDay.com step) since the afternoon (1/11). Left a message at the FAQ site--no response yet.

VitoVino 01-12-2012 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 68138)

Regards,
Michael

Then this is the definitive answer. Thanks Michael. I'm sure they'll fix this soon.

Everybody please be patient.

larry5515 01-12-2012 05:04 AM

I'm having the same problem

I just purchased the software this week, and until last night everything was working fine. But as of last night, the software stopped syncing on the first step. I've rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and the problem remains.

mecompco 01-12-2012 05:34 AM

It's gotta be a server thing, be patient and I'm sure it will get fixed (mine is still not working). It IS annoying, though!

Regards,
Michael

01gt4.6 01-12-2012 06:08 AM

Thanks for pointing this out! I passed this along to Admin, hopfully the issue will be resolved shortly.

ibobi 01-12-2012 09:05 AM

Tech has been alerted -- please stand by.

Smartyz 01-12-2012 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 68208)
Thanks for pointing this out! I passed this along to Admin, hopfully the issue will be resolved shortly.

Thank you!!

01gt4.6 01-12-2012 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Smartyz (Post 68240)
Thank you!!

Let us know what it's resolved.

Smartyz 01-12-2012 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 68242)
Let us know what it's resolved.

I will let you know. I appreciate the help.

01gt4.6 01-12-2012 11:22 AM

No problem, we are all here to help!

Thanks Michael for trying on your end and Vito for bringing this to my attention!

danielclampitt 01-12-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Smartyz (Post 68097)
Okay, I found how to check my account status...finally! It says I'm up to date until the end of this month so it's not an account issue.

Now I'm really stumped. I've tried sync'ing several times over the past couple days and it always fails on the first step of trying to connect to fitday.com.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I checked the links given in this thread but they don't cover this problem.

Thanks

I started having this issue this morning. My account was renewed on the 4th of January and is in good standing. I reloaded the software and still have the same problem. I then loaded the software on another computer and this also gave me the same error. I have rebooted my computers and wireless router and the issue remains. Dan

mecompco 01-12-2012 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by danielclampitt (Post 68282)
I started having this issue this morning. My account was renewed on the 4th of January and is in good standing. I reloaded the software and still have the same problem. I then loaded the software on another computer and this also gave me the same error. I have rebooted my computers and wireless router and the issue remains. Dan

Yup, it's still not working for me, either. TPTB have been notified and are working on it. I'm sure it will fixed sooner, rather than later.

Regards,
Michael

bobsocks 01-12-2012 09:39 PM

kneee jerk reactions

Too often, there are 'knee jerk' reactions to problems with software.

Solutions such as
-clear the cache
-check your antivirus

and the best of all
- reinstall the software

It is wise to keep in mind that items such as fitday, itunes, cloud items like dropbox, etc. are all two way streets. Until and unless the 'cloud' or server admin team says 'all ok at our end', it is wise to leave your end alone. Especially when others are voicing the same problem.

Sit back and take it easy. All will be synced in time.
:):):)

VitoVino 01-13-2012 12:53 AM

I think this thread is a good example of good reporting, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication. I don't see anything such as a "knee jerk reaction".

Smartyz 01-13-2012 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 68311)
I think this thread is a good example of good reporting, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication. I don't see anything such as a "knee jerk reaction".

Thanks Vito, I totally agree and there's nothing wrong with trying to troubleshoot to solve an issue and sharing that info with others experiencing the same issue.

Smartyz 01-13-2012 11:31 AM

Update! Sync is back working! Thanks everyone for all your help!

VitoVino 01-13-2012 11:37 AM

Great news! Thanks for following up.

Hope to see you around the Forums. :)

01gt4.6 01-13-2012 12:10 PM

Nice to hear Smartyz. Thanks.

Is everyone else back up and running with no issues?

[email protected] 03-19-2013 06:28 AM

Trouble

I have been having trouble as well for two days. It will freeze up suddenly and not allow me to update my food intake. Not sure how to fix this problem.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

largrunt 07-09-2014 02:30 AM

Same Problem as other users

Same with mine, been about a week and still not able to sync, been checking incomplete data, it all looks good. The account is up to date, but it fails at the upload.

Thanks

tyen 07-09-2014 04:38 AM

Please send in an email to [email protected]

Would like to trouble shoot the problem with you.

Originally Posted by largrunt (Post 109805)
Same with mine, been about a week and still not able to sync, been checking incomplete data, it all looks good. The account is up to date, but it fails at the upload.

Thanks

largrunt 07-29-2014 02:15 AM

No Reply from Support

Sent two emails to support with no reply...

Is there a way to reinstall, been trying to find the credentials to just start over at this point.

tyen 07-29-2014 06:34 AM

Got your email. I sent you re-installation information.

Originally Posted by largrunt (Post 110188)
Sent two emails to support with no reply...

Is there a way to reinstall, been trying to find the credentials to just start over at this point.

michaeljdowney 11-02-2015 09:53 AM

New member to Premium and FitDay PC

Hi there - I am unable to sync with FitDay PC. Is there some tips to get this working/further instructions available? I have my Premium account entered into the PC sync page but it runs an error if I try to sychronize. Thank you in advance, Mike

tyen 11-03-2015 02:11 AM

Send in an email to [email protected] We'll need to gather some info from you.

Originally Posted by michaeljdowney (Post 118526)
Hi there - I am unable to sync with FitDay PC. Is there some tips to get this working/further instructions available? I have my Premium account entered into the PC sync page but it runs an error if I try to sychronize. Thank you in advance, Mike

Lucifer656 05-25-2020 04:00 AM

I just purchased the software this week, and until last night everything was working fine. But as of last night, the software stopped syncing on the first step. I've rebooted the computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the software, and the problem remains.