Notices

Auto calorie adjustment when weight changes

Old 08-11-2011, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Auto calorie adjustment when weight changes

I just switched over from Nutridiary to Fitday because I find this one easier to search and log. One thing I liked about Nutridiary is that when my weight changed it automatically adjusted my base metabolism caloric requirement accordingly, then subtracted my caloric deficit goal and set a new caloric intake goal. I am trying to see if FitDay does that and I cannot find that it does?

So, does it?

If not, does the premium version?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

It adjust your daily calorie needs. Mine has gone down about 300 calories since I started. I'm not sure if it adjusts the other claculations. Mary

Last edited by Kumochi; 08-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Yup! No worries.
Welcome to Fitday!
Old 08-12-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Okay so I see that if I change my weight the Calories Burned bar graph in the Cal Balance tab changes accordingly.

Nutridiary has a cool thing where you tell it you want to lose 2 pounds a week and it tells you you need 1000 calories less than your burning, and it automatically subtracts the 1000 from your base and keeps track of calories in versus that number each day. Here, if I use the custom nutritional goals tab I can input that number myself, but every time my weight changes I have to adjust that number.

My question is am I not seeing a feature on FitDay that does the same thing, or does it not do that?