"error while synchronizing your account" message coming up >

"error while synchronizing your account" message coming up

Notices

"error while synchronizing your account" message coming up

Old 02-19-2011, 01:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default "error while synchronizing your account" message coming up

Hello,

I just upgraded to premium so that I can sync between my pc version and online. However, every time I try to sync, it gets as far as the "uploading changes" section and then the error message comes up.

???

I saw in another thread that someone else was having a similar problem, only there's was that it was telling them that they already had entries. This is not happening in my case, although if that is an issue, that is very frustrating, because I'm sure 90+% of people who have the premium version have upgraded from the regular version, which means of course you are going to have entries. This seems like a completely silly bug.

Anyway, I don't think that's what's going on in my case anyway, but has anyone else dealt with this, and can you help me resolve it?

Thanks!!!
(ps: very frustrating that they have no technical support that you can even email to when you're having problems...the whole reason I upgraded was so that I could sync, and if I can't sync, I don't want to continue to pay for the upgrade...yet there's no way to contact any support to get them to resolve the issue) ??
Old 02-19-2011, 01:21 PM
FitDay Member

Default found a (not very good) "solution"

So I read down some more threads and found that others were having this same issue, which was resolved by deleting their data on their body stats.

So I tried that, and sure enough, the sync worked. How can we contact someone in support/tech to resolve this issue?

I don't know if I'm never going to be able to enter body info without running into this issue, or if I have to enter it only into the online version, which it seems some have done to resolve it, or what the solution will be.

Anyone know how to contact someone at FitDay to help with resolving this?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

You have to start with one account blank - either the premium PC version needs to be blank with no data in it, or the online account needs to be blank with no data in it.

I personally found it easiest for my PC account to not have any data, so I started fresh with a new profile on my PC.

Once you start with a blank account, do a sync...then from there on out, you should be able to sync between the two regardless of where you input your data without any errors.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

You are more than capable of entering Body Logs you just have to fill it out completely. If you only enter in partial (not everything from Neck all the way to Calf) then it will fail on the sync. If everything is filled out then it will sync appropriately.

If you dont measure everything I would just put 0's in for the ones you dont use
Old 02-14-2012, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by chrisworrell
You are more than capable of entering Body Logs you just have to fill it out completely. If you only enter in partial (not everything from Neck all the way to Calf) then it will fail on the sync. If everything is filled out then it will sync appropriately.

If you dont measure everything I would just put 0's in for the ones you dont use
Nice! Thanks! I did this and it fixed the issue I was having! Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

When folks take a few minutes to do their own research of the forums, like you have here, RachelAdamsHowar, it makes things a lot easier on the Mods. I'm glad you found your answer!

Old 06-13-2012, 08:33 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
When folks take a few minutes to do their own research of the forums, like you have here, RachelAdamsHowar, it makes things a lot easier on the Mods. I'm glad you found your answer!

This may be true, but if the program were less arcane with regard this feature the user wouldn't have to search a forum. This is a documented feature (program sync) that this user (me) concluded that it should function without having to loose 3 months of data. Since it doesn't I really don't think I want to have a Premium Account.

Suppose you had a user that had a year or more of data collected in the PC version. Would you tell them: Sorry you'll have to start from scratch. Once you do everything should work fine. Is this a resonable solution.

I am grateful for the PC Version. I've had it since 2003 and recently upgraded specifically with the intent of using both the web and PC together. I've always felt that this was the best program in this genre there is. It would be marvelous should this syncing feature be modified to accept already existing data.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MikeltyPoo
This may be true, but if the program were less arcane with regard this feature the user wouldn't have to search a forum. This is a documented feature (program sync) that this user (me) concluded that it should function without having to loose 3 months of data. Since it doesn't I really don't think I want to have a Premium Account.

Suppose you had a user that had a year or more of data collected in the PC version. Would you tell them: Sorry you'll have to start from scratch. Once you do everything should work fine. Is this a resonable solution.

I am grateful for the PC Version. I've had it since 2003 and recently upgraded specifically with the intent of using both the web and PC together. I've always felt that this was the best program in this genre there is. It would be marvelous should this syncing feature be modified to accept already existing data.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. There IS an option you may not have considered.

Create another tracking account with FD online and start fresh, no data entered. Then sync with PC. Go from there. This will work and is the easiest solution.

Sure, you won't be able to sync any of your old data (see below) but at least your old data is still stored under your other account so it's not lost.

Furthermore, if it's that important to you to have all your old data sync'd, you should be able to manually input it into your new account (after you've done your sync) and then continue syncing. Sure this is a pain, but if you really want the data altogether that would be what you could do.

Problem solved. EASY button along with UNEASY button (option).