Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > FitDay PC
This might be an old Q - but... why no fiber count? >

This might be an old Q - but... why no fiber count?

Community
Notices

This might be an old Q - but... why no fiber count?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Question This might be an old Q - but... why no fiber count?

I'm having to research the fiber counts elsewhere and it's really aggravating because naturally no two sources have the exact same numbers or amounts, etc.

Fiber is SO important in weight loss!

I do a modified low carb plan and I will only eat carbs that come wrapped up in a ton of fiber (ie flax meal I <3 you!). It's hard to figure this stuff out... pears are good, most berries... but just a pain to have to add it in and then the food log won't reflect the net carb count which is way more important than total carb intake.

Is there some reason this was not put in the logs?
Old 07-25-2010, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nutrition nitty-gritty, fiber, etc.

Just double click on the (blue letters) name of the food you entered on your daily food log and you'll get the nutrition facts, including fiber, sodium, etc., for that particular food. It's all right there, no need to look elsewhere.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

Ohh.. I see. Well, that's a help. I do wish they would show the net carb count and not the total though. It freaks me out seeing it that high, and I have to keep track of the net on my own.

Thanks for responding!
Old 08-03-2010, 05:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

FitDay PC shows you Net Carbs.

On the left, click on Reports, then Nutrient Stats. In the drop down there is a "Carbs - Fiber" which is Carbs minused out the Fiber, which would show you Net Carbs. (however you want to see it, daily, monthly, weekly, etc.)

If you want to see this on your Food Log, click on arrow next to "View" at the top, click "Choose Food Log Columns" then select "Carbs - Fiber"

Last edited by Jennybeeb; 08-03-2010 at 05:18 AM.