Notices

Ceviche (Fitday Canned Food)

Old 12-07-2011, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Question Ceviche (Fitday Canned Food)

I'm new to Fitday, and I'm not very familiar with what the nutrition facts of foods should look like. I was wondering if anyone with more knowledge of food than me can tell me if the "Marinated Fish (Ceviche)" food is just the fish, or the entire dish (fish, lime juice, tomato, onion, cilantro). Maybe someone will be able to tell by the nutrition facts?

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think that fish by itself has that many carbs. I'm guessing it's the dish. If you are making it yourself, I'd suggest doing a custom food.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mike! By the way, it was delicious! I found this recipe and modified it slightly. I added diced avocado and since I didn't have any serrano peppers, I used sriracha (rooster sauce) to give it a kick. I omitted the clamato (gross) entirely. It's low-carb friendly if eaten by the spoonful or on romaine leaves. I had it on toasted corn tortilla wedges (still fairly lo-cal at 50 cal per 6" tortilla).
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Fish has 0 carbs...the carbs come via lime juice, onions, and tomato. Lime juice and onions are much higher in carbs than you would think. Avocado sounds like it would be good in that dish.