Notices

Custom Food sharing?

Old 12-04-2012, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

THANKS. You answered my very question. My wife just started FitDay because it is going so well for me. I was hoping to use all my custom foods on her account. I guess I will have to enter them twice. Sure wish we could share custom foods.

On a positive note. I have lost 17lbs in about 7 weeks.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Yes Please! Share custom foods!

Originally Posted by SReneH
Agreed. I was about to submit this request as well - my daughter and i are both doing Fitday and it would help greatly if we could share custom foods. And why aren't all the Lean Cuisine/Weight Watcher/etc. foods in the database? I'm entering those as "custom" because they only have a few in the db.

PLEASE! allow custom sharing. thanks, R
My wife and I both use FitDay. We love it but...we HATE entering custom food values and menu items twice.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

YES, YES, YES!
People live together and eat together, but track separately.
An easy way to share would make things A LOT easier!

BTW:
I'm a new, old user -- just restarted today and used to be here years ago.
Back in the day (as my grandpa would say), we used to be able to share and to easily create custom foods from a recipe of various items. Kind'a bummed to see these two things gone -- but, of course, still love it...!!
Old 02-25-2013, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi
I use this all the time- very time consuming but worth the effort-
I know no easy way unless u could use your act with a second name
I have gone from obese to over wt and very close to goal- I AM RE-STARTING TODAY been going up and down THE SAME 3 POUNDS--glad to be here
with many good friends

Last edited by MARI66; 02-25-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: another thought
Old 03-11-2013, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by noclaw
On Daily Burn, you can create a custom food and then submit it for review. I think the ones that are approved are often verifiable restaurant or store-bought foods. The first time I searched for a food (pad thai) I received over 300 results. I didn't realize that user-submitted foods were included and was kind of put off by it, but you can un-check a box to leave out these foods. I think it's a great idea. Imagine my surprise at finding Old Mill spelt bread! Maybe FitDay could work in a similar feature so we can share our custom foods?
I've used a site like that in the past where custom foods wouldn't be able to be added until they'd been submitted it for verification. It may work if you are based in the same country as the website/organisation, but it didn't work for the country I come from. Either the information was not available for them to check, or the manufacturers were hard to find or wouldn't give that information. It made tracking my nutrient intake impossible. There were absolutely no foods in their database from where I live.

I would welcome this however IF we could still retain the ability to create and use our own custom foods exactly as we can now, even if they couldn't be shared. To be honest it was this feature of being able to create our own custom foods without having to submit them that made me choose FitDay over a couple of other sites. The main reason anyway. I just make sure I keep the packet or can and enter the details before I throw them away.

As a side, one change I would like to see on FitDay is the ability to add sugar to the list of things that could be edited.

Last edited by whathaveidone; 03-11-2013 at 07:43 AM. Reason: typos
Old 06-18-2013, 10:38 AM
FitDay Member

Wonder how far in the future it will be until FitDay can be really useful to two people eating the same custom foods without having to log all the info twice.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Sharing Foods

I would assume that in FitDay PC, there would be a custom food database file under each user account name. I wonder if somone who the program can figure out where the custom food database is stored. Once that is done, perhaps you could just copy the database and paste it into the second person's account using fitday PC on the same computer.
Old 05-05-2014, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

Default Sharing Custom foods

I agree! Fitday: please design a way to share our custom foods!
My daughter and I are doing the diet. She started today... and it's a pain to load all my recipes again
Old 05-06-2014, 04:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Have to admit this would be awesome. I cut my teeth on PHP development and think this would be quite easy. Give the author the ability to share the item with a simple checkbox. Then load that food items unique id in a lookup table.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Custom Sharing progress

I'm a premium online member and am wondering if Fitday has made (or wants to make) any progress regarding custom food sharing. The demand for a sharing feature is certainly there and like the other users in this thread, I have many custom foods entered that I would like to share them with my family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.