Notices

Ingredients in composite foods?

Old 04-11-2011, 10:30 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ingredients in composite foods?

I made a version of hoppin' john (black eyed peas and rice) the other day, but being lazy, I just used the version that is listed in the FitDay database rather than working out what I actually used to make it.

Is there any place on FitDay that lists the ingredients they assume are in these things?
Old 04-12-2011, 02:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't think there is, so it's obviously an approximation. If I have a dish I plan to eat fairly regularly, I usually take the time to create a custom food for it. If it's a once in a blue moon type of thing, I'll often just go with FitDay's version and not worry about the potential inaccuracy.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-12-2011, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

I like using the fitday version if I can find one close to the calories in my own creation. I find it gives a better count of the micronutrients. I'll calculate the calories, carbs and fat and if Fitdays is close I go with it. Mary
Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm sure that a few years ago (when I was here before, I wish I'd stayed with it) there were less tabs and ways to view the nutrition content of the database foods, but there was an ingredients tab. I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty certain, and it would be great if they could bring it back as it allowed a much better comparison between what you know you've eaten and the values given by the database for the dish/item selected

Just to reiterate, March this year is not when I joined, it's the first time I visited the forums, I actually created this account about 6 years ago or something I think, way back at uni...

Last edited by Cybervox; 04-14-2011 at 12:34 AM.