FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Custom Foods (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/)
-   -   No place for sugar in the "classic" custom food log? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-custom-foods/12478-no-place-sugar-classic-custom-food-log.html)

CassandraWladyslava 07-21-2015 05:07 PM

No place for sugar in the "classic" custom food log?

Hello!

I just joined this site and I was inputting some food into the "classic" food log (because the other didn't work for me) and I don't see anywhere to put the amount of sugar. Am I missing something?

:confused:

Kathy13118 07-21-2015 11:59 PM

No, you're not missing anything - sugar is not there as a component.

royestel 08-20-2015 03:22 PM

Why can't we track sugar?

I saw the moderator's response that sugar is not tracked as a component. There was no additional explanation or reasoning for this provided.

While it is certainly true that sugar probably should not be a component in food, there are an enormous number of products out there (even Kombucha) which have at least a small amount of Sugar in them.

It seems to me that beneficial or not, we should be able to track sugar consumption. It is often listed at the second or third most prevalent ingredient in an innumerable products that people will consume, whether right or wrong, even as they move gradually to a healthier, sugar-free lifestyle.

Is there no interest in tracking one of the most insidious ingredients in the marketplace today?

MichaelPL 08-21-2015 02:12 AM

Sugar is a carbohydrate. It is included in the carbohydrate value on a nutrition facts label. If you included sugar as a separate item you would have to subtract it from the carbohydrate reported figure, or it would be counted double.

dmarrero 04-20-2017 05:11 AM

Accounting for Sugars

And yet "Sugars" is on literally every nutrition label.
So I simply insert the value in Alcohol - because I do want to be able to see and compare it across foods that I create.

zaidk123 02-24-2023 01:05 AM

this websit is awnsm

cynthialopez 04-05-2023 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by CassandraWladyslava (Post 116981)
Hello!

I just joined this site and I was inputting some food into the "classic" food log (because the other didn't work for me) and I don't see anywhere to put the amount of sugar. Am I missing something?

:confused:

Welcome to the site! In the classic food log, the option to enter the amount of sugar consumed might not be readily apparent. However, you can usually find it under the “Carbohydrates” section, as sugar is a type of carbohydrate. If you still can't locate it, you may want to consider using the other food log or reaching out to customer support for assistance.

Fitter12 10-01-2023 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by royestel (Post 117287)
I saw the moderator's response that sugar is not tracked as a component. There was no additional explanation or reasoning for this provided.

While it is certainly true that sugar probably should not be a component in food, there are an enormous number of products out there (even Kombucha) which have at least a small amount of Sugar in them.

It seems to me that beneficial or not, we should be able to track sugar consumption. It is often listed at the second or third most prevalent ingredient in an innumerable products that people will consume, whether right or wrong, even as they move gradually to a healthier, sugar-free lifestyle.

Is there no interest in tracking one of the most insidious ingredients in the marketplace today?

Hey, sorry for bumping thread. You have mentioned Kombucha in the post and I've also a query regarding kombucha. It's acknowledged as a probiotic powerhouse packed with beneficial enzymes, acids, and nutrients, so I wanna ask does kombucha have electrolytes?

Thanks in advance!

enzo_enzo 02-10-2024 01:21 AM

cool