Notices

javascript timeouts

Old 09-27-2012, 01:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default javascript timeouts

I am a new user of the site and my impression is the site is overtaxed as I often recieve javascript timeouts which make the site basically unusable. This occurs in Windows, Linux, and it occurs at home as well when using both OS's at my place of work. I get the same errors in IE8 or Firefox 15. A coding error perhaps?

Example error message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/app/jo...duction.js:545

Last edited by makruger; 09-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Same issue

I am a new user also and noticed that I only get the script errors when I go back to a previous day to edit. If I am on the current day everything runs smoothly.

I am wondering if it is a database error and the page is having issues finding the data for previous entries.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:36 PM
FitDay Member

This is a bit of a wild guess...but after looking at the javascript code...it looks like the developer of the website is using javascript generating tools (most web developers do). I suspect there are problems in the code itself rather than the webserver hosting the code.