Notices
Like Tree1Likes

Fitday lost data?

Old 04-04-2012, 07:18 AM
Administrator

Just curious -- it's a way you might have entered data and then not seen it later, if you had then logged on to the website and not synched.

BUT that is not what happened here.

I spoke to our developers and they pulled your data. It's in the server -- 28 food entries since October 16, 2011 (including 5 today).

So, this looks like a problem local to you -- most likely your browser.

Do you have an ad blocker installed by any chance?

Otherwise, try CTRL-F5 to clear your cache & cookies. If that doesn't work: then try a different browser (FF or Chrome are best). Then reset it to Default. Then uninstall/reinstall.

Your data is there. You will see it.

And if you're looking for ads-free, buy FD Premium.

best,

Paul
Old 04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm using Chrome 18 with Ad-Block installed (Fitday is whitelisted to allow ads). I disabled Ad Block, cleared the cache and cookies and tried logging in again with no changes. I tried logging in with IE (Has never been used other than to download Chrome) but don't see any of my previous custom foods or my weight numbers. I installed Firefox and tried logging in there as well. There was no change.

This is really weird.

Last edited by irishsean; 04-04-2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Tell you what, irishsean. To get to the bottom of this, like I said in my first post, you need to supply details.

If you want this resolved supply ALL the steps you take to try to access your data after logging in, but more importantly, WHAT HAPPENS with each step.

Example: Log In>Click Food Journal (page does or does not refresh, etc.etc.etc)>next step (description)>next step (description)

What happens when you click Custom Foods?

What happens when you click Diary (Journal)?

What happens when you click Past Weights?

Do the pages refresh? Do the pages not refresh? Do the pages refresh but it's a blank, white screen? What are you seeing after you click on the above tabs to access past data. Be specific and descriptive.

Are you getting any error messages?

Use FireFox for this exercise. There are no reported issues with it. And make sure all of the add ons are turned off, and it's accepting cookies.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Vito,
There is no need to get all worked up or all of the hostility and accusations.

Paul is trying to work with irishsean to resolve the issue or to figure out if there is in fact an issue. Sometimes it's for the best that we let admin and the programmers do their job. After all, that is why I brought this to Paul's attention in the first place.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Smile Resolved

Irishsean did indeed, as it seemed from the start, have another handle he was logging food with. Found it blindly searching parts of his existing handle and finding a similar email address attached to the other account.

Whew. This was a mini-adventure I'd rather not repeat.

Sean... welcome back, lol!

Paul
Old 04-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Good to hear that it's taken care of.