Notices

Calorie Counter is not accurate

Old 03-22-2012, 08:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default Calorie Counter is not accurate

How in the world does one use this thing?!?! This thing sucks and I HAVE to use it for my awful nutrition class. It takes forever to try and calculate any homemade foods. No wonder the people on here are trying to lose weight if they eat only processed/prepackaged foods!
Try making a calorie counter that one can actually create a custom, homemade meal.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by LedaWill123
How in the world does one use this thing?!?! This thing sucks and I HAVE to use it for my awful nutrition class. It takes forever to try and calculate any homemade foods. No wonder the people on here are trying to lose weight if they eat only processed/prepackaged foods!
Try making a calorie counter that one can actually create a custom, homemade meal.
If the ingredient quantities (or at least the ratios) are consistent in the recipes you use, you can just go to some unused future day of your calendar and enter whatever amounts constitute a single serving (or other convenient measure). Then in a new tab/window, create a custom food with the same nutrient profile, perhaps including the default serving size as part of the name so you won't forget. Then you can just enter "1.5 servings of Minced Moosemeat Pie" or whatever.

Tedious? Perhaps, but you only need do it once for each recipe.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Actually, your assumption is incorrect. Most of us don't rely on processed foods, as folks who use the forum to do more than complain can attest. We're just not afraid to put in a little effort when necessary to load our custom foods.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Out of curiosity, what sucks more, this site that you could obviously have designed much better or your awful nutrition class that you could probably teach better?