FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   COPY: FitDay Beta does not recognize time Zones. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/6124-copy-fitday-beta-does-not-recognize-time-zones.html)

aranki 12-16-2011 06:23 PM

COPY: FitDay Beta does not recognize time Zones.

Or at least time zones that are more than 12 hours from PST time. To be clear, I have no issues with FitDay Classic. The issues I have are with FITDAY 2.0 Beta. When I use FitDay Beta, in order to enter my food for the current day Dec. 17th (my local time is GMT + 3), I need to advance to the next day Dec. 18th. FitDay Beta is somehow recognizing my local time as if it was PST time.

I know this issue has been reported before, but the problem has not been fixed yet and from reading FitDay responses it seems that the problem is not really understood.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ng-date-2.html
Is anyone still looking at this issue?

Thanks for all your hard work.
Ray

dar n 12-16-2011 07:18 PM

It is also not recognizing time changes. My time was accurate for my time zone until November 6th when our time turned backwards an hour so my post tonight will say 1:20 am but its actually 12:20am.

VitoVino 12-17-2011 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 65233)
It is also not recognizing time changes. My time was accurate for my time zone until November 6th when our time turned backwards an hour so my post tonight will say 1:20 am but its actually 12:20am.

That's interesting. Ever since we had "fall back" my FD Classic was (and still is) displaying the local time incorrectly. I have to set it to "Central" instead of Eastern Time in order to get the right time.

01gt4.6 12-17-2011 12:54 PM

Vito, I had this same issue and fixed it by chosing DST correction always off.

VitoVino 12-17-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 65273)
Vito, I had this same issue and fixed it by chosing DST correction always off.

TY

01gt4.6 12-17-2011 01:23 PM

No problem. Did it do the trick?

VitoVino 12-17-2011 02:59 PM

That was easy

Yes it did. :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

dar n 12-17-2011 08:09 PM

Ok help the computer illiterate person:o I can not find a DST correction always off option I found the time zones under profile in the classic mode but nothing in beta at all:confused:

VitoVino 12-18-2011 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 65303)
Ok help the computer illiterate person:o I can not find a DST correction always off option I found the time zones under profile in the classic mode but nothing in beta at all:confused:

I can't find any option under Beta either, I just looked.

Here's what I see under Classic, under Edit Options:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4...tionsclass.png

Where it says "DST Settings Off" is the change I made after selecting EST, which fixed my time in Classic.

VitoVino 12-18-2011 12:55 AM

Now, to confuse the issue, I just noticed this extra Time Zone setting while in Classic, under Profile:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7...ledefaults.png

Here's the problem I think. Notice the setting is for Pacific? I select EST, save, and it keeps defaulting back to PST. I have tried it several times with different zones, and each time it defaults to PST. I think this setting, which resides within the Classic interface, which is screwy right now, is the setting that controls the Beta. Anyway, that's what I'm guessing at this point. Because I'm confused as well. :confused:

dar n 12-18-2011 06:00 PM

test......... nope I can't change the time zone in profile and I don't seem to see or have an edit option like you copied for me. Thanks for trying to help I will just have the wrong time for now.

VitoVino 12-19-2011 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 65355)
test......... nope I can't change the time zone in profile and I don't seem to see or have an edit option like you copied for me. Thanks for trying to help I will just have the wrong time for now.

Thanks for being patient and helping to troubleshoot this. Now that we've identified this problem it can be addressed. :)

Vito

IBswilson 12-19-2011 09:18 AM

A few notes that might help:

The timezone setting within the forums is ONLY for the forums and does not have any affect on the FitDay application - Classic or 2.0.

FitDay Classic - we added a timezone setting in the user profile that addresses the issues that some have reported. This was added last Friday (12/16)

FitDay 2.0 Beta - does not rely on any settings. It uses your computers time and timezone settings to perform all date calculations. Some adjustments were also made to the Beta on Friday.

Our QA team has tested and confirmed that timezones are being handled correctly.

Please try out the new setting in classic and report any issues here. I will continue to monitor this thread.

-Scott

IBJoe 12-19-2011 10:14 AM

FitDay Classic now stores TimeZone in Profile ... Try It !

FitDay Classic never had a concept of TimeZone Previous to Friday.

And especially for those far from GMT in the + direction it was annoying.

FitDay Classic now stores and responds to a TimeZone Correctly through a new preference at the bottom of the Profile Page.

FitDay Beta Always has and continues to respect the TimeZone as understood by your Browser, as set on your Computer.

Those people will "discrepancies" between Classic and Beta Dates will now be able to properly set their TimeZone in their "Classic" Profiles and Foods will be entered and Displayed on the Dates/Days indicated in both consistently.

IBJoe

IBJoe 12-19-2011 10:19 AM

This has been corrected.

IBJoe

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 65305)
Now, to confuse the issue, I just noticed this extra Time Zone setting while in Classic, under Profile:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7...ledefaults.png

Here's the problem I think. Notice the setting is for Pacific? I select EST, save, and it keeps defaulting back to PST. I have tried it several times with different zones, and each time it defaults to PST. I think this setting, which resides within the Classic interface, which is screwy right now, is the setting that controls the Beta. Anyway, that's what I'm guessing at this point. Because I'm confused as well. :confused:

dar n 12-19-2011 06:35 PM

Test Nope. I am set to my time zone= pacific standard time =gmt8 in classic mode under my profile. My computer shows 11.38 and I have no wrong date issues in beta so that's fine its just when the time posts in the forums it's one hour ahead. Weird but doesn't effect my use of the program I asked hubby to check my computer as I am not the most computer literate person he said the computer is showing accurate date,time and time zone so let me know what you think. Love the new beta by the way.

aranki 12-20-2011 02:08 AM

OK, FitDay Beta works OK now for my time zone (GMT +3).

I have one new issue though, when I log into FitDay it starts in FitDay Beta, but when I go to Forums FitDay switches to FitDay Classic and stays in Classic.

Thanks,

Aranki

IBswilson 12-20-2011 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 65483)
Test Nope. I am set to my time zone= pacific standard time =gmt8 in classic mode under my profile. My computer shows 11.38 and I have no wrong date issues in beta so that's fine its just when the time posts in the forums it's one hour ahead. Weird but doesn't effect my use of the program I asked hubby to check my computer as I am not the most computer literate person he said the computer is showing accurate date,time and time zone so let me know what you think. Love the new beta by the way.

If the date is in the URL (?_a_Date=1324339200.) when you save your profile (or navigating from page to page), the application's current date will not automatically change.

This setting does not have any affect on the forums and is ONLY for determining the date when you first log in.

Originally Posted by aranki (Post 65510)
OK, FitDay Beta works OK now for my time zone (GMT +3).

I have one new issue though, when I log into FitDay it starts in FitDay Beta, but when I go to Forums FitDay switches to FitDay Classic and stays in Classic.

Thanks,

Aranki

The forums are not part of the beta and therefore must link back to classic (for all other users that are not in the beta). We have a solution for this that we will be deploying soon. For now, it is best to open the forums in a new tab.

IBJoe 12-20-2011 10:53 AM

Love to hear the good wishes on FD Beta ...

Yeah, FD Beta never had any problems with Time Zones.

FD Classic never addressed Time Zones _at all_ before Friday ... 12/16/2011 ... and we got it right on ...12/19/2011 ...

They were always off ... especially annoying in GMT + countries like Australia ... now they will be consistent, but FD Classic will never be "Perfect" on the issue of Time Zones.

vBulletin ... which is the software running the Forum is a whole different subject, separate from FD Classic and FD Beta!!

Love it, that y'all care about FitDay !!!

VitoVino 12-20-2011 11:34 AM

Speaking of vBulletin, do you know if/when it will be updated?

Also, any possibility to get skins? They're very inexpensive and would give us a nice facelift here.

IBJoe 12-20-2011 11:49 AM

That's in the forum software ... vBulletin ... which is separate from FD Classic and FD Beta.

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 65304)
I can't find any option under Beta either, I just looked.

Here's what I see under Classic, under Edit Options:

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/4...tionsclass.png

Where it says "DST Settings Off" is the change I made after selecting EST, which fixed my time in Classic.

VitoVino 12-20-2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by IBJoe (Post 65585)
That's in the forum software ... vBulletin ... which is separate from FD Classic and FD Beta.

Yes, I understand that. But my question still remains, and I'll presume you don't know the answer. I only asked because you brought vBulletin up and I know our running version is outdated. :)

I'll ask Paul about it. Thanks.

IBJoe 12-20-2011 12:12 PM

What's the question ?

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 65591)
Yes, I understand that. But my question still remains, and I'll presume you don't know the answer. I only asked because you brought vBulletin up and I know our running version is outdated. :)

I'll ask Paul about it. Thanks.

dar n 12-20-2011 12:28 PM

Ok I am fixed! Hubby did some playing and found the edit date and time options in the forum options and turned off the dst like Mike and Vito suggested and it worked:) I was trying to adjust the time in the fitday profile which changed nothing in the forums. Thanks for all your help guys!:)

IBJoe 12-21-2011 07:30 AM

dar n,

Hallelujah !!! I have worked very hard to resolve this issue for Classic and Beta. I believe I understand it completely ... and it's time to get accurate information out to those needing it.

Time Zone ...

Classic ... set it in your profile.

Beta ... Don't worry about FitDay ... set it properly on your computer and restart your browser !!!

Resolved !!!

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 65598)
Ok I am fixed! Hubby did some playing and found the edit date and time options in the forum options and turned off the dst like Mike and Vito suggested and it worked:) I was trying to adjust the time in the fitday profile which changed nothing in the forums. Thanks for all your help guys!:)