Notices

Why isn't Elliptical an Option?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up elliptical machine

elliptical machines are found in nearly every fitness center today. They should certainly be included in the conditioning activities area.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

I use "ski machine".
Old 10-21-2010, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Elliptical machine

What is the best way to track exercise on an elliptical machine? I don't see an entry specifically for it. I am using brisk walking for now, but wonder if there is a better way.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

I use the entry for Stair/Treadmill Ergometer (sp???) to log my elliptical time. HTH

Sharon
Old 02-01-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Elliptical or pilates options for the activities tab?

Hi all,

I'm new to FitDay and have just started setting up daily logs for myself. So far, I have not been able to find an option in the daily activities log for either the elliptical or pilates. Does anyone have any suggestions or knowledge on the subject? Thanks.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:22 PM
FitDay Member

I'm having the same problem. I try to do at least half-hour of pilates per day. I've been listing it under 'yoga - hatha' so far, though I'm not sure what the calories-burned difference would be. Pilates is a pretty common form of exercise. Surprised it's not on here while 'ballroom dancing' is . . .
Old 02-06-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

I just started doing pilates as well and am surprised they don't include it in the activities. Anyone know how to have them add it or add it ourselves? The yoga option shows less calories burned than what you should be burning for pilates. There is a website that has almost every activity possible that calculates your calories burned according to exercise/time/weight. Then I suggest you find an activity that burns close to that amount to log your calories burned.

The Most Accurate Calories Burned Calculator,
Old 02-06-2011, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Wow - there's a huge difference. The website you linked to said 30 mins of advanced pilates burns 230 calories, which is more than this site's estimation for 30 minutes of high impact aerobics. Now I'm confused.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Likewise for the elliptical. I have been putting it under stairmaster. Seems to be giving me credit for the same amount of burn that the computer on the machine is giving me. I just went with it.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default stair-treadmill ergometer

There is something to select called the "stair-treadmill ergometer" and when I do it by time, FitDay usually produces the same amount of calories burned as the machine had said.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.