FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/5909-help.html)

amusin 12-10-2011 09:47 AM

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( OK, Not a happy camper here. Is there any support person to talk with regarding FitDay? I just spent $49.95 to upgrade my free acct to premium status and got a confirmation & download. I can't get my existing free acct with ALL my custom foods, weights etc... already typed in (weeks of data) to show up on the program I just paid for. When I click on the icon that is now installed on my desktop- Fitday does open- it tells me it's version 1 (version 2 evidently would have cost me 29.95? why did I just pay $50?) and all fields are blank- none of my info from my free acct transferred. I then go to my e-mail, find the FitDay mail with my premium membership # and link, I click it and it brings me to my free acct that has not changed one bit. WTF??? I wouldn't be half as mad if there was a support phone # or something for help. Can anybody advise me????

VitoVino 12-10-2011 11:26 AM

I have notified an Admin of the situation. Unfortunately that is all I can do for you at this time.

Have you tried to "sync" your PC version? Follow this link for more information. I do not have premium so I can't be of much help beyond this.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/tags/sync.html

amusin 12-10-2011 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 64701)
I have notified an Admin of the situation. Unfortunately that is all I can do for you at this time.

Have you tried to "sync" your PC version? Follow this link for more information. I do not have premium so I can't be of much help beyond this.

FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with sync

Thanks VitoVino. I appreciate the help- still confused. I followed the link you sent- seems like other people have had the same issue as me- all questions appear to remain relatively unanswered. It seems I need to sync- OK, I get that. Somebody needs to tell me HOW. I can't find one FAQ, one thread, one response etc... that tells me how to do this or a support person from Fitday to contact. If I spent $20 I wouldn't be so annoyed. I love my free version and the Ap- the $20 would be worth it just for what I have been using for free until now. But $50 2 weeks before Christmas is very irritating- I wasn't making a donation, I was paying for a service. I want some help from FitDay, clear information about syncing directions/issues, or a refund. Still need help and losing patience. Sorry for ranting- not your fault- at least you tried to help.:mad:

VitoVino 12-10-2011 01:40 PM

OK, well the syncing explains why your data is not showing up. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how to sync between PC and Premium. There must be a "help" file within FitDay PC. Have you looked?

Perhaps someone else who has synced can help you with this. In the mean time, with your FD PC, do a thorough search of all the menu options, looking for a help file or the Sync function.

Hang in there. You'll really enjoy the software and you'll find that it was a wise purchase. There is always a learning curve with all new software.

mecompco 12-10-2011 01:43 PM

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. Are you sure you got v. 1? I don't know how that's possible.

In v. 2 (which is what I have), there is a choice on the left-hand menu that clearly says "Sync". Click that an it syncs with your on-line Premium account. Couldn't be much more simple.

Did you try the email support contact? I've never had to, but it would be worth a try.

Oh, and please don't give up, FitDay PC is awesome and well worth the price of admission (though I wish you'd got the $19.95 price). I use it pretty much exclusively and love it.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 12-10-2011 01:47 PM

Also, check this thread:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...yncing-pc.html

amusin 12-10-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 64708)
OK, well the syncing explains why your data is not showing up. Unfortunately I cannot tell you how to sync between PC and Premium. There must be a "help" file within FitDay PC. Have you looked?

Perhaps someone else who has synced can help you with this. In the mean time, with your FD PC, do a thorough search of all the menu options, looking for a help file or the Sync function.

Hang in there. You'll really enjoy the software and you'll find that it was a wise purchase. There is always a learning curve with all new software.

Still banging my head against the laptop screen here. The help option does not work- I get an error message when I try to click it. I have done a through search- the word sync is nowhere in any option- nor is there a sync icon.

amusin 12-10-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 64709)
Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. Are you sure you got v. 1? I don't know how that's possible.

In v. 2 (which is what I have), there is a choice on the left-hand menu that clearly says "Sync". Click that an it syncs with your on-line Premium account. Couldn't be much more simple.

Did you try the email support contact? I've never had to, but it would be worth a try.

Oh, and please don't give up, FitDay PC is awesome and well worth the price of admission (though I wish you'd got the $19.95 price). I use it pretty much exclusively and love it.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael. Thanks for attempting to help. Yes- I have v 1 not v2. I confirmed this by going into programs on my PC and looking at how it is listed as a program file. I had a free acct- I just purchased a premium membership and used the link they sent me to download FitDay to my PC. V 1 is what they sent. I do not have a sync button ANYWHERE on the top menu bar, not in any drop down options. What would you suggest next? I have emailed FitDay and received no response. The only help I have received is from you and Vito.

amusin 12-10-2011 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by VitoVino (Post 64710)

Again, Thanks, but still no resolution. I have Firefox. Cache is clear.

amusin 12-10-2011 02:41 PM

Sidebar @ Michael & Vito - Congrats on your weight loss!

mecompco 12-10-2011 10:55 PM

Thank you, you're doing great as well!

Now, I just had a look at the Premium page, and it costs $49.95 for a year. FitDayPC costs $29.95 (one-time fee). I'm wondering how you got the link for FitDayPC v.1 at all--very strange.

So the total cost should have been $79.90 for both a year of Premium (required for syncing) AND FitDayPC v. 2. Now, I suspect that a little Googling might find you a $10 coupon code so you can get FitDayPC for $19.95.

Hope this helps, and I know the IB folks (owners of FitDay) do eventually respond. When did you email support? I suspect the weekend might slow down any response.

Regards,
Michael

VitoVino 12-11-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by amusin (Post 64711)
The help option does not work- I get an error message when I try to click it. I have done a through search- the word sync is nowhere in any option- nor is there a sync icon.

The only thing I can make of this is, the software is not installed correctly or cannot run correctly with your operating system. Try reinstalling the software and make sure it installs completely.

What version of operating system are you using? FD runs on Windows Vista / XP / 2000 / ME / 98 . Are you trying to run it on 7?

Like Michael, I find it very odd that you were sent an outdated version of software. That link would have been removed long ago, so I really find it difficult believing you're running "Version 1".

Here's the link to download. Unless you found the software somewhere else, there is no way you would have downloaded v1

http://www.fitday.com/pc/Order.html

amusin 12-15-2011 01:20 PM

Vito & Michael

Hey you two. Just checking in. Thank you sooooooooooooo much for trying to help me this weekend- what a fiasco. It's been a crazy week- so busy at work and my husband is away on business this week- I have been flying solo handling everything on the homefront myself. Finally finally finally got this resolved TONIGHT. Logged in as a premium member 5 mins ago. Need to hop off line and do somethings here before I go to bed. I will log back in this weekend and share the resolution info with you- it may help the next person who encounters the same issues I did. And yes, I finally did get in touch with the folks at FitDay. :o) Happy- though still a tad confused- Camper. :o)

VitoVino 12-15-2011 02:18 PM

Great news!

And yes, updating this thread will be very helpful for others. I'm pleased everything is working out for you. :)

ibobi 12-16-2011 05:40 AM

Just FYI, we have a new CS representative here, over the last few weeks, and she has been doing great work getting folks like amusin the help they need; as soon as I passed this one off to her, she got right on it, helping to diagnose the issue.

I expect the CS facet to run really well now. Let me know if this isn't the case, mods :)

Glad you're back in the game, amusin!

Paul

mecompco 12-16-2011 06:15 AM

Great news! FitDay Premium and PC work very well and it's nice to know CS is there if needed.

Regards,
Michael