Notices

COPY: FitDay Beta does not recognize time Zones.

Old 12-16-2011, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Default COPY: FitDay Beta does not recognize time Zones.

Or at least time zones that are more than 12 hours from PST time. To be clear, I have no issues with FitDay Classic. The issues I have are with FITDAY 2.0 Beta. When I use FitDay Beta, in order to enter my food for the current day Dec. 17th (my local time is GMT + 3), I need to advance to the next day Dec. 18th. FitDay Beta is somehow recognizing my local time as if it was PST time.

I know this issue has been reported before, but the problem has not been fixed yet and from reading FitDay responses it seems that the problem is not really understood.
http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ng-date-2.html
Is anyone still looking at this issue?

Thanks for all your hard work.
Ray
Old 12-16-2011, 07:18 PM
FitDay Member

It is also not recognizing time changes. My time was accurate for my time zone until November 6th when our time turned backwards an hour so my post tonight will say 1:20 am but its actually 12:20am.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
It is also not recognizing time changes. My time was accurate for my time zone until November 6th when our time turned backwards an hour so my post tonight will say 1:20 am but its actually 12:20am.
That's interesting. Ever since we had "fall back" my FD Classic was (and still is) displaying the local time incorrectly. I have to set it to "Central" instead of Eastern Time in order to get the right time.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Vito, I had this same issue and fixed it by chosing DST correction always off.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Vito, I had this same issue and fixed it by chosing DST correction always off.
TY
Old 12-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

No problem. Did it do the trick?
Old 12-17-2011, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default That was easy

Yes it did.

Old 12-17-2011, 08:09 PM
FitDay Member

Ok help the computer illiterate person I can not find a DST correction always off option I found the time zones under profile in the classic mode but nothing in beta at all
Old 12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Ok help the computer illiterate person I can not find a DST correction always off option I found the time zones under profile in the classic mode but nothing in beta at all
I can't find any option under Beta either, I just looked.

Here's what I see under Classic, under Edit Options:

Where it says "DST Settings Off" is the change I made after selecting EST, which fixed my time in Classic.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Now, to confuse the issue, I just noticed this extra Time Zone setting while in Classic, under Profile:

Here's the problem I think. Notice the setting is for Pacific? I select EST, save, and it keeps defaulting back to PST. I have tried it several times with different zones, and each time it defaults to PST. I think this setting, which resides within the Classic interface, which is screwy right now, is the setting that controls the Beta. Anyway, that's what I'm guessing at this point. Because I'm confused as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.