FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   New, got a couple questions (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/5502-new-got-couple-questions.html)

KK1200 10-19-2011 04:00 AM

New, got a couple questions

Hello there, my name is Kayla and I'm new to this website but so far I really like it. I've been using it for about 2 weeks now off and off (had a pretty rough couple of weeks but if I'm still on track after all that, I got this! :cool: lol)

Also, I am going to apologize ahead of time if this particular question has already been answered or if I am in the wrong area, I read the rules but didn't have time to read all the previous posts on the forum lol.

Any who, my biggest question is: when I go in and make a custom food (like I've been doing with mostly all my foods) Ill enter everything in and I'll put "Beef Broth (1/2c)" for the title- so I know how much the serving size is...

Now to my biggest question- lets say I use 1/4c instead of 1/2c I would put the new serving size as '.5' right? In my mind, this will cut the 1/2 serving size in half to create a new serving size of 1/4c...Simple enough I thought I had everything figured out and was good to go until I was talking to my mom and she said no I should be putting .25 because that equals 1/4c. I tried to tell my mom that I entered the 1/2c serving size so there for the calculator would not automatically know to go off of 1c (in my mind it would convert 1/2c into 1/4ths that would actually be 1/8c, not 1/4c)..... :confused: so now I'm pretty confused if someone could just clarify that for me I would be so grateful!! :D Am I over thinking this?! I don't want to be going off the wrong numbers! :eek:

My next minor question is where can you make your signature for the posts?

Thanks so much!!

Again, sorry if this has already been covered/in the wrong area I just want to make sure I am clear on how to enter my info- If I'm gonna do this I might as well make sure I'm doing it right!

taubele 10-19-2011 04:13 AM

Hi Kayla, welcome!

To answer your questions:

You are correct that you would enter ".5" as your serving, since 1/4 cup is half (or .5) of your serving size of half a cup -- your mom would be correct if your info was entered originally for one cup! So you've got it! Go math! :D

For your second question: To make a signature, look at the top of the forum. You'll see a narrow blue bar that goes across the top - it says "User CP" then "New Posts" then "Search" etc. Click the "User CP" option, and you'll see a menu to your left. One of the options there is to "Edit Signature" and then you can put whatever you like in your sig :)

Hope this helps!

VitoVino 10-19-2011 10:52 AM

You can also find more information about the forum here:

FitDay Discussion Boards - Threads Tagged with forum