Notices

This site is WAY TOO SLOW

Old 10-05-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Angry This site is WAY TOO SLOW

It consistently takes much much longer to load than other sites; very frequently, it gives me a server "no response" message. I often have to try 2-3 times just to access the site.

You desperately need to upgrade your servers/bandwidth.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

I noticed a problem yesterday for a few hours late AM to early PM EST, but other than that, I've never had any problems and I've been here frequently since July. It literally took 1 minute for a page to finish loading.

But for the majority of time I've spent here, I'd have to say that this slte is pretty quick and snappy.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Deltic, you may want to try switching browsers (FF works best) or clear your cache/cookies.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Paul
Old 10-06-2011, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Paul, I think this may have been an issue from a couple days ago. I'm always fast here but a couple days ago it was dead slow, others mentioned having the same issue. It's back to normal now. I think it may have just been slow for a few hours.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:16 AM
Administrator

Sweet.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

I had trouble even today. The site seems to go on and offline throughout the days. I sometimes have to wait to log my foods because the site won't let me in or I'll go to "add to food log" and I have to go back and try 3 or 4 times for it to do it because I get an error message.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Yeah, maybe I spoke too soon. I've had a lot of problems today as well. The site has been slow, but not as bad as the one minute page loading of the other day. But it's taking about 15 seconds to add foods or recalculate foods.

Then I've gotten this pesky internal server error again today, which I haven't seen in about a few weeks (which I previously reported). I saw this twice today, both times when using the pulldown menu for adding "Recent foods":