FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Site Keeps Crashing (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/4729-site-keeps-crashing.html)

lizeroy 07-15-2011 03:40 AM

Site Keeps Crashing

Every 4th or 5th click on the webpage seems to cause the site to crash for me. It takes several minutes for it to come back up and work again.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

This happens from multiple computers for me. It is very frustrating and I am at the point of looking for other sites to track my food consumption, but I really don't want to abandon Fitday.

Help!

01gt4.6 07-15-2011 03:48 AM

lizeroy,

What browser are you using? I know that we've had an issue in the past with the site running slow or locking up but as far as I know that's been resolved. I do know that it was just reported that an ad for the mayo clinic is causing an issue. Can you confirm if this is or isn't what you're experiencing?

lizeroy 07-15-2011 04:01 AM

Generally I prefer to use Google Chrome's web browser. I have tried using IE and Firefox as well. It seems almost random as to when it happens. It seems to happen only when entering food into my daily log.

I have been reading on the forums all morning with no problems until I click on Foods. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It very well could be an AD that is causing this. That would explain its seemingly randomness. It has been happening for a few days for me.

01gt4.6 07-15-2011 04:14 AM

Okay. We'll look into this. Thanks.

lizeroy 07-18-2011 07:58 AM

I have been using only Firefox since my initial post and it seems to have helped with the crashing. Thanks for the help!

woodard2589 07-30-2011 04:11 AM

I use chrome and i have a lot of problems with the pages loading too. it'll go smoothly for a while then the pages either load up very slowly without all the page formatting or not at all

Gunn27 08-05-2011 10:41 AM

I have been experiencing the exact same issue for over a month. I also use Chrome (v13) as my browser.

mecompco 08-05-2011 01:58 PM

I've had issues the last few days as well. On different machines using Explorer (8 and 9).

Regards,
Michael

vabeachgirlNYC 08-05-2011 04:06 PM

Ahhh, now you know what I have been dealing with. I'm glad others have started reporting it too.

mecompco 08-06-2011 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 52769)
Ahhh, now you know what I have been dealing with. I'm glad others have started reporting it too.

It's gotta be the forum software (and/or server)--yesterday and today (so far) it's been fine. The FitDay site itself seems pretty stable.

Regards,
Michael

mecompco 08-06-2011 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC (Post 52769)

It's gotta be the forum software (and/or server)--yesterday and today (so far) it's been fine. The FitDay site itself seems pretty stable.

Regards,
Michael

vabeachgirlNYC 08-07-2011 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 52788)

Regards,
Michael

Yeah it's loading faster tonight. But I'm still missing the smilies and other options! <insert mad face smilie>

And hehehe, you double posted.... <insert sticking tongue out smilie>

jgrieser76 07-08-2012 02:43 PM

I just bought Fitday premium (2 days ago) and am having the exact same issue using Google Chrome. I switched to safari and have been having the same issue. I was a Fitday user back in 2003-2006, lost 20 pounds and was recommending the site to everyone. I recently decided to return after having a baby and I am really disappointed with this site...not to mention the "search" bar on the iPhone app disappears ever couple of searches and I can't get it back without restarting my phone. Any quick fixes anyone can share for either problem? I won't be recommending Fitday to anyone and will be asking for my money back unless I get this issue fixed quickly! So sad to see this happen to what was an otherwise fantastic tool!

IBswilson 07-09-2012 02:32 AM

Woah there, old thread. :)

This discussion is regarding the forum software - not FitDay Premium. We've also released an entirely new version of FitDay since this discussion. I doubt you are experiencing the same problem.

I'd be happy to help if you could post more information and some screenshots.

You can also contact customer service through the 'Contact FitDay' link at the bottom of this page.

musclegirl68 07-13-2012 06:04 PM

fitday crashes

Ibswilson said this is an old thread but it happened to me tonight. i just signed up, the food program worked for a while then chrome said "pages unresponsive" even after 2 reboots i still have the same problem. tried a different computer and same thing with IE and Chrome.

01gt4.6 07-13-2012 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by musclegirl68 (Post 85413)
Ibswilson said this is an old thread but it happened to me tonight. i just signed up, the food program worked for a while then chrome said "pages unresponsive" even after 2 reboots i still have the same problem. tried a different computer and same thing with IE and Chrome.

We were experiencing some issues yesterday but it should be resolved by now.