Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 06-14-2011, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's Strange....

to say the least. I'm only logged in on this forum, but when I try to see my fitness journal I'm logged out and I can't log back in.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's a new, "more secure" feature. When you enter your username, it should take you to a new screen to enter your username and password. It is supposed to be persistant, using a cookie so you don't always need to re-login.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-14-2011, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Thanks for the explanation, but

the "persistent" part isn't working. I have to retype my user id and password every time. I have tried this on both my PC and MAC, but it is not "remembering". That would be awesome! Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks,
Wendy
Old 06-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Michael, I am having a related problem with my account; security on my account is worse, not better, and I don't want to put the details out here for everyone on the internet to see. Is there an email that actually works that someone can take care of this? Thanks...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Michael, I am having a related problem with my account; security on my account is worse, not better, and I don't want to put the details out here for everyone on the internet to see. Is there an email that actually works that someone can take care of this? Thanks...
You may email me, if you like, and I'll forward it to an Admin. My email is [email protected].

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 AM
Administrator

I'll have tech look into this.

As they previously posted, they are continuing to sort out issues related to the update.

Paul
Old 06-15-2011, 05:31 AM
FitDay Developer

IBobi is very efficient ... and yes we are in a transition to a much more secure FitDay! I hope you'll like it ...
Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Frustrated With Login Situation

Long time fitday fan and user. What keeps me coming back is how nicely the main page is in regards to food tracking and the fact that I can easily change from grams to oz etc. I also have a large stash of custom foods inputted that I use regularly.

One of my long time pet peaves with the site though was that the "remain logged in" box on the main page has always been useless. Ive always been forced to log in every time I visit the site (which is on average 15-20+ times a day). No worries, all my browsers (pc and android) always saved my login and password with my bookmark so all that I needed to do was click login.

Now with all the recent changes, NONE of my browsers will keep my login info (though they still do for every other site/forum I visit). On a pc its not a huge deal, but on my phone its a great pain to have to type in my username and password 20+ times a day to get at my log.

What is going on? Are we headed towards the direction of ease in regards to logging in on the site? Is this something that can be corrected etc?

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Auto log out

Is there a way I can set it to NOT log me out automatically when it's idle?
Old 06-27-2011, 07:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

For reasons of security, no. Sorry.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.