Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 04-01-2011, 06:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I think it's a forum software issue. I let the browser remember by UN and PW so it's only a click or two to log back in. I agree it's a PITA.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-01-2011, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

I totally agree. I complained about this when I joined late last fall, but it's still the same. I don't think FitDay is even looking at this feedback.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by elsb53
I totally agree. I complained about this when I joined late last fall, but it's still the same. I don't think FitDay is even looking at this feedback.
I think you're right--sigh!
Old 04-13-2011, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Ha, I'm also in New Zealand and have to adjust the time and date. I just adjusted my time date settings for the Forum, but when I logged out and logged back in again, it doesn't change my date. I have the iPhone App, which is great, but it reads the date off my phone so it's always accurate.

Otherwise fantastic site that provides a tonne of value for free. Thank you so much to the mods and people who make this happen. I've lost a lot of weight round my mid section thanks to this intuitive interface.

The time date, is my only problem with the site.

Kind Regards,
Gerrard

Originally Posted by maybe1day
I am using Firefox 3.6.12 behind a corporate firewall and I stay logged in fine so the basic functionality is there.

Lack of time zone setting on the main site is the killer for me. I live in New Zealand where we are +12 or +13 GMT... so everything on foods/activities etc is usually a day out.

Other than that I love the look and feel of the site, nice and clean design. Good feature set too.

UPDATE - scratch that, I must have had a session of Firefox still open in the background when I tested that out. It does indeed clear the cookie (cookie is set to session type not persistent type?) forcing you to log back in.

I also tried clicking on the correct day on the calender, filled stuff in and then it was back on the wrong day again once I logged back in. It looks like I can just select the day from the calendar each time though so that is a work around.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Log on each time and Stay on track regularly!

[QUOTE=elderwanda;12664]I like to bring Fit Day up in a browser and just keep it available to enter my food and exercise. If I enter my breakfast, by the time I come back to enter a mid-morning snack, it makes me log in again. Isn't there some option to keep logged on all day?

Thanks [/QUOTE None that I know of - you have to log in each time. I try to plan most of what I'm going to eat the next day at night. That way I enter all the food and activities I will plan to be doing in less than 15 minutes or so. Since I have a routine life and need to take food and water every 2-3 hours - it is pretty easy. Most important thing is to log in. I sometimes slip and then I tend to either stay the same weight or gain! Have to be honest with myself.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Login expiry timeout

Hi Mike,

This concerns the timeout on the main site, not the discussion forum timeout.

What I'm referring to leaving the main site open on my computer and having to sign on again to enter food, activities, etc.

Can you please submit a request to increase the timeout on the main site, or allow a checkbox perhaps like ebay, "leave me signed on all day" ?

It may be a minor gripe but a timeout of an hour (which seems to be about what it is) requires signing on many times during the day. Especially if I close my netbook, sign off takes place much quickly. Ideally it would maintain the signon context following loss of connection for the same amount of time.

It it possible to suggest or put in an enhancement request for this?

Does anyone have a security concern that someone else might read/alter their
log? If that is the case, even an hour may be too long...

Thanks much,

FIN
Old 06-03-2011, 06:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

FIN, this issue has been reported in the past. I, too, would like to see it solved. As a workaround I allow the browser to "remember" my password so at least a re-logon is pretty quick.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

This is the response that I got.

The session timeout is 1 hour. We have discussed but have no plans to change the amount of time (as of now). In this case data security outweighs the inconvenience of logging in again. How upset would our users be if their data was compromised? As FitDay continues to grow we will most likely be adding more security. It's the way of the world right now. At least we're not like the banks - 10 minutes.

For now the best option is to use a password utility to remember your password. I'm sure we will look at this again in the future.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
This is the response that I got.

The session timeout is 1 hour. We have discussed but have no plans to change the amount of time (as of now). In this case data security outweighs the inconvenience of logging in again. How upset would our users be if their data was compromised? As FitDay continues to grow we will most likely be adding more security. It's the way of the world right now. At least we're not like the banks - 10 minutes.

For now the best option is to use a password utility to remember your password. I'm sure we will look at this again in the future.
Thanks for checking Mike. I'm not sure what the password utility is, something like in IE to remember the passwords of sites you visit I guess. I'll see if I can select the sites to remember and if it signs in automatically. I wouldn't want automatic signon to all sites, but this one is harmless (to me).

In any event ideallly there would be an option to allow users to decide if they wish to remain signed on for the day. Perhaps there are overhead issues with that but that would leave it up for the user to decide if security is a concern *on this site*. Thanks much for asking!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Administrator

Security on this site is very very tight, even by comparison to other IB sites, which is saying something. We have discussed a user option coupled with a "do you want to stay logged in?" reminder, but it has to be vetted a bit more before we could add it as an option. I'll keep you posted.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.