Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 02-18-2012, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Cool

Originally Posted by gammaxi1275
Yep, I have the same complaint. Logged out FAR too frequently. In fact, I don't think I should ever be logged out without my consent (ie - clicking the logout button).

Interestingly though, I don't remember this happening when I came back to the site (after years of inactivity) on Monday. But Tuesday, yesterday, and today I'm logged out frequently.
It has been 10 days. Still happening all the time. Just checking in to see if others are still having the problem. I guess maybe this is just taking low priority to the server too busy errors.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

The issue has been discussed with Admin. We're hopeful that it will be addressed soon. That's all I know. Sorry, I feel your pain believe me.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ransomsmoke
This isn't a bank site. It's very frustrating that a) the site logs me out several times throughout the day, and 2) the site is programmed so that firefox cannot remember the password (the field in the form is most likely not specified as a form password field). Come on man, I don't want to hide my calorie intake that much from strangers.

Thank you
Second that!! This obsessive logging in each time is making me looking for alternatives to fitday for that reason alone!

That, and I'm missing a grouping function for food, that would be called a meal!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gabbah79
Second that!! This obsessive logging in each time is making me looking for alternatives to fitday for that reason alone!

Suzy's epiphany
Old 03-03-2012, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by gabbah79

Not to mention that even with the Forums one has to log in constantly. It seems like there's an auto log out after 2 hours. And yet we were told that we could stay logged into the Forums indefinitely as of the fall 2011, many months ago.

Of course none of this makes any sense, and "obsessive logging in" is a good way to describe it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ransomsmoke
This isn't a bank site. It's very frustrating that a) the site logs me out several times throughout the day, and 2) the site is programmed so that firefox cannot remember the password (the field in the form is most likely not specified as a form password field).
I absolutely agree with you on a)! There is no point in logging users out and a fix should not take longer than 5 minutes, tops. I mean, what's there to change? You just extend the cookie lifetime from 1h to 1year or so.

But since this seems to be dragging on, you can at least fix 2) by using Greasemonkey (provided you are using Firefox, but I'm guessing there are similar plugins for Chrome or Opera) and the script "Allow password remembering". This will allow Firefox to remember the password for virtually every password field, but I would strongly recommend using it ONLY for trivial logins like this one and NOT for your banking, or paypal, or email.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

Was thinking about starting a new thread but I'm wondering if my problem has something to do with the attempt to address the auto logout issue. Over the past couple weeks, if I leave the site open but unattended or unused for a matter of minutes, sometimes less, the site basically becomes in a state of being perpetually hung up. Updating foods or activities stall and ultimately time out. If, however, I leave the site and then log back in, the site is functional again but sometimes only for a matter of minutes. Anyone else having this issue? I have it on both computers so I'm pretty certain it's not an issue with one or either of them. Any thoughts?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

Don't know about the auto logoff issue, that problem never really bothered me, but the problem I mentioned above appears to have been resolved. The site is back to normal from my end. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down

Okay, I left the site for SIX MONTHS, came back, and you still have not fixed it. WHAT IS THE POINT!?

As per the last two posts the recent server lag has made this site unusable.

I should also add that your search tool for adding foods is about two generations old (search for "tomato pasta" and you get all matches with tomato and all matches with pasta). The interface that you use to allow you to edit nutrition for different weights of custom foods is incredibly awkward.

You have no idea how many new users you are loosing to these simple design issues..........

Bye.

Last edited by howitzer9; 03-15-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by howitzer9
Okay, I left the site for SIX MONTHS, came back, and you still have not fixed it. WHAT IS THE POINT!?

As per the last two posts the recent server lag has made this site unusable.

I should also add that your search tool for adding foods is about two generations old (search for "tomato pasta" and you get all matches with tomato and all matches with pasta). The interface that you use to allow you to edit nutrition for different weights of custom foods is incredibly awkward.

You have no idea how many new users you are loosing to these simple design issues..........

Bye.

The shameful truth. Sorry to see you and others leave. Best wishes!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.