Notices

New to fitday and calorie intake question

Old 07-05-2011, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to fitday and calorie intake question

Hello! I have been looking for a free site that could track my calorie intake in a consistent way. I am loving this site right now. My question is I am confused about the calories burned/eat area. It shows that I am burning 2,400 calories with a sedentary level, not counting my activities. Then it says that I need 3,000 calories eaten. But then I come to another screen and it tells me 1,600 is my daily goal.

What is this saying to me and how do I use it to know what calories I should eat/reduce? Thanks!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by missy3681
Hello! I have been looking for a free site that could track my calorie intake in a consistent way. I am loving this site right now. My question is I am confused about the calories burned/eat area. It shows that I am burning 2,400 calories with a sedentary level, not counting my activities. Then it says that I need 3,000 calories eaten. But then I come to another screen and it tells me 1,600 is my daily goal.

What is this saying to me and how do I use it to know what calories I should eat/reduce? Thanks!
Welcome to FitDay Missy. First off... assuming that you are trying to lose weight you want to take in less than you burn, so the 3000 that you need to eat in wrong. What screen what that on and what screen was the 1600 on?
Old 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hi! Nice to meet you. I'm new too. I have a feeling you might be looking at calorie restriction or something. I go to the "Weight Goal" tab and clock "Calorie Balance". Right there on the right hand side is "Calories you can eat". What number appears there for you? I'm hoping it's the 1600 which makes more sense.