Notices

Bypass days

Old 06-28-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default Bypass days

Is there a way that days can be bypassed for the purpose of getting average statistics reports?

For example, say I want to only diet 3 days a week and I am comfortable eating without monitoring the other 4 days. But I want to make sure that I am on target, at least over a longer period time on average, when I do diet.
Currently, are days ignored if they are not entered, for the purpose of the average, or will it throw off the average deficit, average calories eaten and burned?

My suggestion would be to ignore days that show no food or activities entries, for the purpose of averaging - if it is not already done this way.

THank you.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

FIN, I don't think this can be done. I've wondered about this myself b/c I skip logging days as well. I don't think this is on the radar for being an option right now b/c there are so many other things that's being addressed ATM.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
FIN, I don't think this can be done. I've wondered about this myself b/c I skip logging days as well. I don't think this is on the radar for being an option right now b/c there are so many other things that's being addressed ATM.
I agree Mike, it's not a priority. On the other hand I don't think it's a hard change, from a purely SQL point of view. If it is ever done probably it's best to have a checkbox saying to ignore the day because people may actually fast and eat nothing all day, and have nothing to log!

Hey, is the problem on the the summary page where activities show
today only, regardless of the date range, on the hit list?

Thanks,

FIN
Old 08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Vacation???

Hi,
What happens when you are away for a few days and don't record anything? Does it mess up your averages by making it look like you didn't eat anything but yet still burned all those calories? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by katieboone
Hi,
What happens when you are away for a few days and don't record anything? Does it mess up your averages by making it look like you didn't eat anything but yet still burned all those calories? Thanks in advance for any help.
Yes, I believe that it does.

I suppose that is an incentive to use the system every day,
however it just is not practical to do unless you are constantly
monitoring and dieting.

So if you want your numbers to be closer to right, you need to
approximate your calories eaten for those days, because calories burned
will be defaulted. You can create a custom food for that worth maybe 100 calories, and just enter however many servings you need to balance your calories burned.

Some reports will still be effected like the % fat/protein/carb unless your food
was made up to be about what breakdown you are generally eating.

Last edited by FutureizNow; 08-28-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

People should just write down what they ate regardless of whether it's 'diet food' or not, it's still part of their diet. Then later on you can go back and log that food into fitday for those days you missed logging.

You're always 'on a diet' regardless of whether it's a weight loss diet or not.

If you eat vegetables all week and then eat chocolate cake all day on saturday then skipping saturday in the logging is not going to give you a more accurate report, it's going to give you a less accurate report.

Last edited by Rubystars; 08-30-2011 at 12:46 PM.