Community
Notices

Suggestion for Fit Day Improvement

Old 12-11-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BarbaraMS
They emailed saying they will look into this--esp the checkboxes for the delete (they used to have this--i hate individually deleting 10+ items and waiting for the page to reload each time). They haven't gotten back to me since. Anyone else heard anything back from them about check boxes?
No, apparently nobody has heard anything. But I have seen several other requests for this same feature. As a courtesy, I would think that at the very least they should update the status of this request, rather than having the question/suggestion come up time and time again.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Suggestion for improvement to Activities Tracking

The Calorie Balance tab is an excellent check on the efficacy of our efforts.
It would really help if it could also simply show the DIFFERENCE between what
we have taken in and what we have burnt up. Ultimately it is by having a deficit between the calories consumed and expended that we loose weight.

It is pretty widely stated that one needs a deficit of 3500 calories to loose 1 lb. So it would be fabulous if the Calorie balance tab could show where we are on any given week toward achieving this deficit.

Although I can be very very good sometimes, I can also easily fritter away my deficit in inattentive eating, say while cooking. It is not easy to accumulate a 3500 calorie deficit which would yield a 1 lb loss. If one was aiming for 2 lbs per week, one would need a 7000 calorie deficit. It would really be wonderful to have a report or layout that helped one keep in mind how near we are to this goal. If one could customize the goal, and then track, well that would be very fabulous.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BerthaThur
The Calorie Balance tab is an excellent check on the efficacy of our efforts.
It would really help if it could also simply show the DIFFERENCE between what
we have taken in and what we have burnt up. Ultimately it is by having a deficit between the calories consumed and expended that we loose weight.
FitDay beta shows this number on the Calendar. Check out the Beta and let us know what you think.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:58 AM
FitDay Member

Another recommendation I have and would love to see is to fix the "you have reached maximum limit of food allowed". Please expand the amount of foods one is allowed to add,
Being able to add 50 foods a day to the Food Journal seems more than adequate. If you're having difficulty staying under the 50 items total, perhaps generating some recipes, then adding them in would do the trick.

How to generate a recipe with FitDay online

and most importantly please make sure that the system recognized that you have in fact deleted a food item, and therefore you should be able to add another item back. Many times it says "you have reached the limit", when I only want to add one more food. Instead of allowing me to just remove one, I have to delete about 15 foods to accommodate the one I wanted to add. Even after I have deleted 7 items that I had already added, it still says "maximum limit reached" when I try to add back one (after deleting more than 6). I am sure this is an easy fix as well, and would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!!!
Well, using a test account, I just reached the 50 items limit for the daily Food Journal. I then deleted one item, and was able to enter one back with no problem. So it looks like this has been fixed.