FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Suggestion for Fit Day Improvement (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/4149-suggestion-fit-day-improvement.html)

daisywhirl 06-18-2011 01:03 AM

I completely agree. I'd go mad if I had to slot everything in to meal time zones that suit other people - a free daily list is the way to go

bentonparkwest 06-21-2011 05:35 PM

Needs many improvements

What about Sugar?

Why alcohol line item and no sugars?

I would like to see easier navigation, better food lists...and sugar!

lepale 06-29-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 44969)
Actually Mike, I don't think it's that complicated, I can do it simply enough with my excel program, and unfortunately for fitday most of the competitor site do have it. It would be really helpful, especially on days when I need a lunch or dinner to fit around an unplanned snack and I only have so many calories left for the day. Also one feature I don't see on the competitor sites is the pie chart for each meal. If that could be combined with the meal separation so I could tell the program, okay I need a meal with 30% protein, 40% carbs and it has to be under 350 calorie, now that would be a great feature. Maybe in addition to custom foods we could have "custom meals" as a feature?

I would like to see the option of dividing the food log into meals. It is commonly suggested to break your calories up into 6 smaller meals a day. This would be a nice feature to have. You don't have to call them breakfast, lunch, etc. just simply meal 1, meal 2, and so forth.

Plus being able to plan your meals in advance would be nice as well. I'm also irritated by the "too hard to program" comment. There are FREE sites I have used that have this feature and they seem to think it at least cost effective to add it. What's FitDay's problem?! I expect MUCH more from a site I pay for!!! Don't give us excuses, your customers have a need/demand its your job to try and make it happen. That's a good way to lose business. I hope I don't see much more of that kind of attitude or I'll find somewhere else to give my money too that will make a reasonable effort to provide the services their customers request!:mad:

01gt4.6 06-29-2011 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 44959)
Welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback!

Realistically, I doubt your first request is going to happen (I think it would be really complex to program) but as a workaround some folks create one or more "fake" custom food(s) and enter it where desired between actual food items such as:

---------- BREAKFAST --------
Wheaties
Milk
----------- LUNCH ----------
Double Whopper w/Cheese

and so forth.

As to your second request, that would be a nice time saver.

Regards,
Michael

Originally Posted by lepale (Post 49604)
I would like to see the option of dividing the food log into meals. It is commonly suggested to break your calories up into 6 smaller meals a day. This would be a nice feature to have. You don't have to call them breakfast, lunch, etc. just simply meal 1, meal 2, and so forth.

Plus being able to plan your meals in advance would be nice as well. I'm also irritated by the "too hard to program" comment. There are FREE sites I have used that have this feature and they seem to think it at least cost effective to add it. What's FitDay's problem?! I expect MUCH more from a site I pay for!!! Don't give us excuses, your customers have a need/demand its your job to try and make it happen. That's a good way to lose business. I hope I don't see much more of that kind of attitude or I'll find somewhere else to give my money too that will make a reasonable effort to provide the services their customers request!:mad:

lepale,
Please tell me that you are not calling out Michael and saying that it's his job to make things happen. I'd hope that before you decided to show your ass you would have taken the time to read the forum rules!
FitDay Free Calorie Counter and Diet Journal:FitDay Forum Rules In case you didn't you should check it out first before you decide to call someone out.
You'll see:

13. Do not complain about the rules. Any public discussion of specific cases will be removed and you will lose your posting privileges (temporarily or permanently). This is a privately owned forum and we created the rules based on years of experiences with thousands of members. Moderators and administrators are unpaid volunteers who spend a lot of time making sure our forum is safe, clean, and supportive. If we decide that your post is inapporpriate, it will be removed or locked. Please don't argue and please don't keep posting along the same line otherwise you're gone too.We reserve the right to disable posting abilities of anyone that violates any of the terms of membership, without warning or notice.

So, this isn't HIS JOB! He has his own job and a family to tend to. He is a forum member just like you (well maybe not) that volunteers HIS TIME to HELP YOU and the OTHER MEMBERS! He owes you NOTHING, got it? He does this out of the goodness of his heart just like the other moderators so show a little respect or gratitude next time. FitDay is offered for free if you are a paying member and not satisfied, try it for free, if you are still not satisfied then go elsewhere, it's that simple.

k00lBr33ze 07-17-2011 01:13 AM

Time stamp on food log

Originally Posted by lcapes (Post 44958)
Good morning! I track my food on here every day and have two suggestions that I think would make the task a little easier overall. I think it would be great if the food log was a little more organized, i.e. maybe divide it into sections for breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks (still all on the same log, just marked where one ends and another begins)...

Hello fitday users,

I wanted to add to this post instead of starting a new thread since I was thinking along the same line as the OP.

My thought is that it would be a simple implementation of adding a time stamp of when food/activity was entered into the 'log book'.

The time would just be automatically be pulled from PC's time- just a few lines of code to add.

I think it would help dieters figure out if they truly are hungry or just thirsty when they see when they last ate.

Thank you again for this site!

---EDIT---

Just to add after reading more on this thread since I also read the same thing on another post:

Please add sugar content on the nutrition facts for custom foods. It will help trememndously

wolfbane20 07-17-2011 03:24 AM

I like the program the way it is. I do not need to know when I ate something I just need to know I did. I like to plan my food day one day ahead and add or delete items as needed.

dorcus247 07-26-2011 07:46 AM

what hapens to printer friendly

Why can't I do the printer friendly format more than once , if then. I wanted to take my reports to my dietician and the printer thingy don't work.
I like most everything else ok though. I tried to just print the page and it takes a ton of paper doing that. Can any one help?

ibobi 07-27-2011 06:16 AM

I imagine your browser setting is at fault -- try clearing your cache and refreashing the page?

bastzine 08-08-2011 01:40 AM

I agree with those who say that looking up foods can be difficult. Why are the packaged, more junky foods easier to find than the simple, raw food? This doesn't make sense, especially if this is a site to help people lose weight and be healthy. A raw apple should be much easier to find, and always at the top of the list of APPLE over anything pre-packaged including apple. I make nearly everything I eat from scratch and sometimes I have to hunt a long time to find the raw ingredients for what I eat.

Other than that and Hot Yoga and Pilates not included in Activities, I do LOVE FitDay!

SailorDoom 08-08-2011 06:44 AM

Hi Bastzine,
Like you, I make almost everything from scratch and it can indeed be difficult to hunt down all the ingredients in their raw forms. One thing I've noticed over the years of using FitDay as well as the USDA's National Nutrient Database (which functions similarly to FitDay) is that you sometimes have to search for a raw food in its plural form if the singular doesn't work at first, or vice-versa.

So, when I search APPLES in FitDay all kinds of processed food appears, but a search for APPLE comes up with the raw food at the top of the list. Similarly, the USDA's database comes up with all kinds of crazy food-like substances when I search for STRAWBERRY, but a search for STRAWBERRIES produces the real deal.

If all else fails, I highly recommend using the "Browse" function until you are super familiar with how this site works. However, there are a few examples when combining "Browse" with "Search" is your best option on FitDay. Try browsing through FRUIT & JUICE-->BERRIES, for example. You'll find there is no selection for STRAWBERRIES, RAW, but a search for STRAWBERRIES will work. In other words, have patience and give yourself some time to figure out the site's quirks.

I also recommend checking nutrient values against the USDA database if you are unsure whether or not you've selected a food in its raw form. It is also fascinating to see the nutrient values for foods in super "high-def", if you're into that sort of thing anyway. Here's the link to the database http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ (hopefully not a problem to post this since it is USDA research, not a competing site -- I think FitDay uses the same data for many foods).

Hopefully that helps! Happy logging!