FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   Under calorie limit at night (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/4078-under-calorie-limit-night.html)

Makaykay 04-19-2011 03:36 PM

Under calorie limit at night

So, I've given myself about 1200 calories, since it's the minimum your body needs to stay healthy and I read it was a good amount to eat for losing weight. Well, I find myself under 1200 calories almost always. I'm not starving and I eat pretty delicious meals with lots of vegetables and fruit. Should I make up for the last calories at the end of the day, or am I alright?

ZoeDuc 04-20-2011 12:36 AM

I'm sure someone will be answering your question. I'm just curious about what you're eating to stay under 1200. Like your menu? :) It's been hard for me to stay at 1200. Usually I go over by the end of the day (when I am at my hungriest) :o
I range from 1200 - 1300. But like I said it's hard.

Makaykay 04-20-2011 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc (Post 44230)
I'm sure someone will be answering your question. I'm just curious about what you're eating to stay under 1200. Like your menu? :) It's been hard for me to stay at 1200. Usually I go over by the end of the day (when I am at my hungriest) :o
I range from 1200 - 1300. But like I said it's hard.

I've just started a few days ago, so my meals have been different every day. For breakfast If I have time to cook, I'll fry and egg (always over easy for me), I stick to the serving size of bacon (2), I paired it with a whole, medium tomato, with half of a lemon I know it's a strange breakfast fruit haha. If I don't have time to cook, I have this amazing blender I bought for like $150. It blends everything. I throw some fruit in there, vegetables, and 2 scoops of protein meal replacement soy powder for the protein and calories. It blends together well and I drink it down. The fruit overpowers the vegetable taste, so all you get is a sweet, all fresh smoothie! In between, I eat one of those 100 cal snack packs, since I find they feed my sweet tooth.

Lunch, yesterday I had a low-sodium turkey sandwich. I only used one slice of wheat bread and cut it in half to make like a mini sandwich. Whole-wheat bread. I put part of a tomato on it with some fresh baby spinach. Then paired it with strawberries and the rest of the tomato I cut for the sandwich (I love tomatoes incase you couldn't tell, hehe) I ate another little snack pack before dinner.

Finally for dinner I ate a 6oz grilled chicken breast with a bit of seasoning on it, steamed mixed vegetables, and a little over a cup of rasberries and blackberries. And then a snack before bed was a serving sized package of almonds.

That was pretty long, but those are roughly the kinds of things I eat, lots of vegetables with fruit. I know I need to work on my protein a little more.