Notices

Deleting a day from the averages

Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Deleting a day from the averages

I was not good at entering all the data I should enter for several days. Now my averages are incorrect. How can I eliminate certain days from the averaging or have it create reports starting from a specific start date?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

I don't think you can delete days. When the reports function makes an average, it totals up for the time period and then divides by the number of days. What you want is for it to divide by the number of days you specify and I can't see where there's an option to do that. All I can think is that you should narrow the report period down to one that you trust - one that has complete food logs.

If you want a trusted average, you have to have trusted input. Picking a few days to average isn't going to tell you much, is it?

On the other hand, if it's something you really want to do exactly that way, you can always do it by hand. Pick the days, write down the amounts of calories, fat grams, etc. for each day, then divide by the number of days. At least you'll get the numbers you want. You won't get the nice graphics, bar charts, and such. Can't have everything!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:24 AM
FitDay Member

I handled that problem by putting a "group" entry in to cover my claories for the days I missed so my averages would not be out too much. I had 4 days i didn't journal so I estimated the total calories and put several "beef dinners" in to equal the calories and give me some nutrients for the fairly balanced meals I had. Not perfect, however I didn't want those days to be blank.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:14 AM
FitDay Member

Question

Originally Posted by Kathy13118
I don't think you can delete days. When the reports function makes an average, it totals up for the time period and then divides by the number of days. What you want is for it to divide by the number of days you specify and I can't see where there's an option to do that. All I can think is that you should narrow the report period down to one that you trust - one that has complete food logs.
How do you narrow the report period down - that's exactly what i want to do.

Thanks!