Notices

What am I doing wrong?

Old 06-20-2012, 12:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to enter my activities and I know that the elliptical is not on there, so I will use a ski machine for example.
I put in 30 minutes and I burned 6 calories. Now I know these things are off, but I'm sure I burned more than 6 calories in 30 minutes.

So what is the secret, I picked ski machine and then put in 00:30 (for 30 minutes) and the calculation is/was 6 calories or something very low.

What am I missing? Oh and this happens on the iPad version of this as well.

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Hi jccats, are you definitely clicking the button to save changes instead of just hitting enter?
Old 06-20-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

yeah, I thought about that before... and I can see my "sedentary" activity and my ski machine....... Even if I put that I used the ski machine for 23 hours, it ends up being 35 calories....

am I missing something in my setup?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:12 AM
IBswilson

I cannot replicate this.

Are you using FitDay 2 or Classic?

Any chance you can post some screenshots?

Old 06-21-2012, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I'm not sure what version.... I'm using the free version on my PC (if that makes it any clearer) but it also happens on the version that I have on my iPad.

I'm sure I'm just having one of my "senior and blonde" moments at the same time.......

I've attached a screen shot to show what I thought I was putting in as one hour on the ski machine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Fit day screen shot.jpg (18.0 KB, 5 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 06:24 PM
IBswilson

It appears you have adjusted your baseline metabolism to something really low, probably 0, which is adjusting the activity calculations accordingly.

To fix your baseline metabolism:

Click the "Customize" link next to "Lifestyle" in the activity log (it's in the screenshot you uploaded) and change your baseline metabolism back to one of the preset equations.

After you have done this go back to your activity log. If the numbers are still off delete the activities and add them to your log again.

I tested all of these steps and this should make everything work again. Please PM me or post back here if you have any troubles.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:27 PM
IBswilson

Originally Posted by jccats
Well, I'm not sure what version.... I'm using the free version on my PC (if that makes it any clearer) but it also happens on the version that I have on my iPad.
After you get everything fixed:

You are using FitDay Classic. You can check out FitDay 2 by going to your profile and changing your preferred theme.