Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay Classic Feedback and Support
Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored) >

Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored)

Community
Notices

Food Advertisement Inappropriate (Admin monitored)

Old 04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dfort215
The diet is from my doctor, according to him I need to be hungry until I get this under control. Yes I have to avoid the mall, yes I have trouble not pulling into a drive thru on the way home--lots of trouble. 01gt4.6 for a super moderator you are not very sensitive to food addictions. Do you make fun of all fat people or just me? I will have to purchase the upgrade to avoid the ads.
I, too apologize--I should have left out the snarkiness. By way of explaination from my perspective, your first post on the forum was to complain about a source of revenue to fund this free web site. Constructive criticisims are welcome, but threats to "leave" just trip my trigger (right or wrong, they do).

And, I don't see where Mike is making fun of anyone, and I've been made fun of my whole life so I've "been there and done that". And yes, I KNOW what it is to be hungry. Do a 30 day water fast and see if you and hunger don't get well acquainted (I've done them twice).

I am a food addict myself and I KNOW where you're coming from. But, really, you need to deal with this. All these temptations will always be out there, just like there is a bar on every corner enticing the alcoholic to have "just one little drink". Folks like you and me need to learn to cope with these urges.

So, I encourage you to stick around. FitDay, warts and all, can help you lose all the weight you want/need to.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-21-2011, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Please get rid of the Velveeta ad!

None of us need to see that ad for cheesy skillets. It's really insensitive to allow that advertisement on here where it could cause cravings for fatty or high calorie foods when people here are often struggling with those issues.

I mean the ad literally has this huge amount of cheese being poured down over pasta and hamburger meat.

How is this ad relevant to people who are dieting anyway?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Administrator

If you see it, please take a screen shot and send it to me so we can block it.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Ok thanks next time I see an ad like that or that same one I'll screenie it.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Old 09-22-2011, 01:00 PM
FitDay Member

The ad comes in two panels, first is the one that really causes the biggest problem and then the one with the box in a skillet.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, yeah! Exactly what I need to reduce my cravings! It only lacks a side view of the blimps that might consume this on a regular basis to finish me off!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

How about this one?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Working on it -- thank you for the screen shots
Old 10-04-2011, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

I'm afraid I don't agree with the Velveeta thing. I don't have a problem with that on my diet. High fat and calories are good for me. I know that sounds like heresy, or whatever, but there it is. Now the pasta, on the other hand...

I do agree with the M&M's ad, though. For the myriad diets and WOEs that are out there, I just can't think of any that include bags of chocolate covered pretzels.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.