Notices

Security Violation

Old 09-20-2019, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Security Violation

Anyone else get an email like this? Super irritating. And I can't seem to close my account. I wrote support, but if anyone knows how I can close my free account, please post the details.

Thanks.

Date: September 12, 2019 at 3:39:57 AM PDT
To: [email protected]
Subject: I recorded you - newrynHey, I know your password is: [they wrote my password]

Your computer was infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), your browser wasn't updated / patched, in such case it's enough to just visit some website where my iframe is placed to get automatically infected, if you want to find out more - Google: "Drive-by exploit".

My malware gave me full access and control over your computer, meaning, I got access to all your accounts (see password above) and I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera or microphone and you won't even notice about it.

I collected all your private data and I RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

After that I removed my malware to not leave any traces.

I can send the video to all your contacts, post it on social network, publish it on the whole web, including the darknet, where the sick people are, I can publish all I found on your computer everywhere!

Only you can prevent me from doing this and only I can help you out in this situation.

Transfer exactly 1000$ with the cryptocurrency Monero (XMR) to my Monero (XMR) address.

You can easily buy Monero (XMR) here: [fitday made me remove teh URLs to post this] , or Google for other exchanger.
You can send the Monero (XMR) directly to my address, or download and create your own wallet first from here: [same URL}, or simply create your online wallet here: [more URLs], then receive and send to mine.

It's a very good offer, compared to all that horrible shit that will happen if I publish everything!

My Monero (XMR) address is: 4BrL51JCc9NGQ71kWhnYoDRffsDZy7m1HUU7MRU4nUMXAHNFBE JhkTZV9HdaL4gfuNBxLPc3BeMkLGaPbF5vWtANQmhvbmBTJbpS XqZx82

Copy and paste my address, it's (cAsE-sEnSEtiVE), yes that's how the address looks like and you don't need to include payment-id or memo.

I give you 2 days to transfer the Monero (XMR).

As I got access to this email account, I will know if this email has already been read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure you read it, my mailer script has been configured like that and after payment you can ignore it.
After receiving the payment, I will remove everything and you can life your live in peace like before.

Next time update your browser before browsing the web!

Mail-Client-ID: 5833632360
Old 09-24-2019, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Hi newryn, sounds like normal scammer scare tactics. I've gotten a couple on my work computer that doesn't even have a webcam. Nothing to worry about. Just in case, could you forward the email to [email protected]? I'll take a look and send to our tech guys. If you're still concerned, just change your password and run a virus/spyware scan on your computer.