FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   FitDay Classic Feedback and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/)
-   -   How do you box a quote (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/fitday-classic-feedback-support/2653-how-do-you-box-quote.html)

SisterJen 12-13-2010 05:05 AM

How do you box a quote

?

mecompco 12-13-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by SisterJen (Post 28333)
I have seen many posts that have quoted other messages, and most of them have boxes and "originally posted by" included. When I try to quote someone, it doesn't have a box, and there is no note about who the original poster was...How do I fix that?

I thought it did that automatically--let's try it and see. All I did here was to hit the "quote" button.

mecompco 12-13-2010 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 28337)
I thought it did that automatically--let's try it and see. All I did here was to hit the "quote" button.

It worked--are you using the "Qutoe" button or are you cutting and pasting from the original post into your reply?

01gt4.6 12-13-2010 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by SisterJen (Post 28341)
I'm hitting the quote button...do you highlight the portion that you are quoting? That might make the difference?

OK, that's a little odd, this time it worked, several times in the past it hasn't...Not sure what to make of that!

lol, looks like it worked.:p

mtlgirl 12-13-2010 12:07 PM

Okay but how does the multi quote work? I have tried that a couple of times to no avail!

01gt4.6 12-13-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 28337)

it's all on how gently you press the button.

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 28338)
It worked--are you using the "Qutoe" button or are you cutting and pasting from the original post into your reply?

I wondered that myself.

Originally Posted by mtlgirl (Post 28377)
Okay but how does the multi quote work? I have tried that a couple of times to no avail!

I don't know, can we multi quote? :(

I open up FD in another window so I have two open. Then I start a post and copy and paste the quotes from window 1 into the post I started in window 2, then repeat. There may be an easier way, if so I don't know it.

VitoVino 10-24-2011 11:48 AM

You can also quote the contents of an outside source, say an article, so that the contents are boxed. This makes it clear to everyone that an article is being referenced.

To do this, you need to use this at the beginning of the text {quote} and this at the end of the text {/quote} except that instead of the "{" and "}" you should use "[" and "]".

For example:

{quote} This is how you can reference an outside text source {/quote}

which comes out like this after the proper modification:

This is how you can reference an outside text source

01gt4.6 10-24-2011 12:04 PM

Rose, for multi quote click the "MQ" that's between"Quote" and "QR"