Notices

very interesting on many levels

Old 11-17-2010, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Default very interesting on many levels

The one person who , in my opinion has been rude and incredibly impatient with the new moderator getting her team together, gets promoted to super moderator!

Many people offered to help and had experience and werent nearly as negative to the new moderator, and yet they werent chosen. hmmm

As I said, very interesting.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by GameGal
The one person who , in my opinion has been rude and incredibly impatient with the new moderator getting her team together, gets promoted to super moderator!

Many people offered to help and had experience and werent nearly as negative to the new moderator, and yet they werent chosen. hmmm

As I said, very interesting.
please explain when I was rude or impatient. I don't believe they are finished selecting moderators. I was hell bent on getting rid of the spam and pushed the issue. If you consider that rude or impatient, then so be it... but like you said, that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.

BTW being a moderator isn't a "promotion" it's a matter of volunteering your time to help the board as a whole out. I don't get any special privileges and certainly don't get paid. I'm doing it to help the board out, I'm sorry you don't see it that way.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-17-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats Mike!

I think you were a great choice. You have proved you are serious about your health and fitness by the transformation you have made. That alone is huge on a forum like Fitday.

And your honesty (and bluntness!) on your "Hey Fattie" post was an eye opener for me and others by the many positive replies.

I would be happy to help with anything needed, as I'm sure other members would be too.

Thanks for taking on this time consuming responsibility!

BTW, Can I have an avatar?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Congrats Mike!

I think you were a great choice. You have proved you are serious about your health and fitness by the transformation you have made. That alone is huge on a forum like Fitday.

And your honesty (and bluntness!) on your "Hey Fattie" post was an eye opener for me and others by the many positive replies.

I would be happy to help with anything needed, as I'm sure other members would be too.

Thanks for taking on this time consuming responsibility!

BTW, Can I have an avatar?
Thanks! Amber has been working on getting avatars setup. Hopefully we'll have that function soon.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Mike! Who cares what others think...I don't see them signing up to help be a moderator.

Quick question...do you know if they will allow you to add that weight ticker at the bottom of the signature? I tried adding the links from ticker factory and it won't post. Maybe this site doesn't allow that function but it would be nice.

Keep up the good work!

Ann
Old 11-18-2010, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator

Ann,

Thanks! You are correct, that isn't allowed yet. I don't think that is something that is being looked in to at this point but we can put it on the list of concerns and see what can be done.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Great job Mike! Who cares what others think...I don't see them signing up to help be a moderator. ...
@Hunny24
Hold on a second...

Originally Posted by GameGal
Thanks for finally stepping up and creating this section. It is frustrating to be reporting spam/advertising over and over and nothing gets done. Email the powers that be and never hearing back. As I said in one of the forums here, it is a MAIN reason I and many others are NOT willing to go premium.

I also have my own site * I do web pages * and moderate another forum as well so I know how critical it is to have some active participation from the owners/mods.

I have also offered to help in the emails I have sent ( and of course never heard back). So I hope the moderation team is formed quickly and stays on top of things. ...
@GameGal
After IBAngel made her presence known I don't remember Mike being rude... But maybe I don't remember the posts. I remember Jason, midwestj, making a non-constructive comment, which he apologized for, but people were getting frustrated and rightly so in my opinion. Mike can be blunt and almost abrasive sometimes but I respect him and I think he's probably a good choice as a moderator. He's definitely passionate and outspoken. Plus he single-handedly drew attention back to fitday.com and the forum from the powers that be.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Well must have missed that one Yauncin. But seriously, she's mad b/c they didn't pick her? Who cares....as long as someone takes care of the site. And I don't care who it is as long as they do a decent job, then that's all I worry about. Mike's been great on this site, as well as GameGal and everyone else with giving good feedback/support to others. That's what we are all here for anyways right?
Old 11-18-2010, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations to Mike being a Super Moderator! His enthusiam and his efforts to eliminate the SPAM exemplify why he was choosen. I hope we are fortunate enough to find some more members like him who are willing to devote their time and energy to the site.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator

I don't know for sure who they are looking at, make sure under "edit option" you have Receive Email from Administrators checked off if you are expecting an email about that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.